New England Grain Buy Sept 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. I'm in on the TF Pearl for a half bag. The current open split is at 0.75...should I fill and then open another split with 0.25, or just open a new split at 0.5?

Hmm. I'm in on the TF Pearl for a half bag. The current open split is at 0.75...should I fill and then open another split with 0.25, or just open a new split at 0.5?

Open a new split at 0.5. I'll go back up to 0.5 bag to fill the first split.

Just signed up and added 4 bags - thanks for putting this together - I couldn't seem to figure out how to get the donation buttons to work - followed the directions at the bottom of the page, but never got the arrow after clicking a name in column B

Mort

Just signed up and added 4 bags - thanks for putting this together - I couldn't seem to figure out how to get the donation buttons to work - followed the directions at the bottom of the page, but never got the arrow after clicking a name in column B

Mort

Yeah, I'm not sure what that arrow thing it is talking about it means, but all you do is what is on the 2nd line of the instructions. You just find the column for your name and put in whatever dollar amount you want to donate next to each respective person.

We are about 20 bags from getting to 3 pallets. Rally the troops and let's get this order closed out! Winter is coming!!

Mort I moved your order to a blank spot on the sheet.

Also folks please don't edit anything not in your column. We had issues with this before it really FUBARed up one order. If it happens again we will be forced to lock down the sheet.

Anyone up in Burlington VT? There's a guy selling ball lock kegs for $35 a pop if you'd be willing to pick up a load from him and bring them down when we do the pickup!

I'm in southern VT and might be able to help out with kegs. I need to get past this weekend when I'm helping to host a Halloween event for kids charity before I can figure out the details. I'll also need to get my name on the buy.

If they are palletized and at a dock I could probably schedule a pickup with one of our transports.

It looks like someone tried to remove a split and deleted a row. The Red-X split m00se and I were on is gone, now it says we are splitting caramel 30. I didn't want to make any edits before crazyirishman34 was able to take a look at it.

My splits were 1/2 Dark Munich, 1/4 Caramel 30, 1/4 RED X if that helps find the error

I'm in southern VT and might be able to help out with kegs. I need to get past this weekend when I'm helping to host a Halloween event for kids charity before I can figure out the details. I'll also need to get my name on the buy.

If they are palletized and at a dock I could probably schedule a pickup with one of our transports.

Yeah judging by the pictures he has a few pallets, but I don't know how many people would want them, now how many fit on a pallet. He had 80 of them.

I fixed the error, it looks like someone had shifted the Grain Type for splits 5 and 6 up a cell.

It also looks like someone deleted the order for BleacherBrewing, which impacted splits 6 and 7. I will double check with him to verify that he wanted to cancel his order.

Kegs are cool. I would be interested as well. Just builting my 6 tap keezer and only have 5 kegs. A friend will want 2 also. Let me know... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Okay, hold off on the keg posts until I determine whether or not this is something I can even work out. Once it looks promising, we can put a line item on the group buy sheet for people to sign up. Stay tuned.

Are you planning to close the buy after 3 pallets fill? Right now the sheet says there will be a total of 168 bags, which I believe is four pallets.

What is it, 40 bags a pallet? I think we welcome as many pallets as our livers can handle, no?

Another shameless plug to donate to these guys. Fantastic ongoing group buy that helps ALL OF US save countless dollars. Throwing a $5 to each doesn't hurt at all. Cheers to aslander and crazyirishman34.

I am going to do 4 pallets and see how quickly it fills. Really I wont be able to run another for 6 months or so. You should buy grain assuming that it will have to last 8 months.

I'm sorry I have never done a group buy before, How do I add what I want to my order, I am sorry for my ignorance on this topic

edit..... I think I found this out!

We can order hops. Two things that you should know is the smallest package that they come in is 11lbs. and that what you want might not be available at the time I place the order.

I'd like to add a 0.5 split of brown malt, close out the 0.5 of wheat, and maybe add some crystal splits...lemme know if you can add me to the spreadsheet.
Thanks, Adam

For those of us buying TF pearl for a Headytopper clone...anyone have Conan yeast / need Conan yeast? I have a case of headytopper left, I plan on culturing if no one has available.

For those of us buying TF pearl for a Headytopper clone...anyone have Conan yeast / need Conan yeast? I have a case of headytopper left, I plan on culturing if no one has available.

I have some in a fridge that I stepped up a couple times from dregs. Was going to get around to putting it on slants, was just waiting a couple weeks to make sure my slants didnt have any bugs in them. I'll put that on my todo list for tonight or tomorrow.

Do you have any yeasts to trade? I like collecting slants :)

Back