If you were forced to stop brewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmicbrew

Reaction score
and you had one last batch that you could brew, what would it be, and why?

Mine would be a fat wee heavy. I am a malt head to the bone, and wee heavies always treat me right :ban:

A nice Flanders Red...take a few years to fully develop and anticipation is half the fun.

This was actually a real possibility for me a few years ago after a false positive for a certain liver disease.

Flanders Red has come up as a possibility along with a few other hefty OG beers that would need time.

I also considered some low ABV beers that would be ready in 2 months tops and would be awesome.

From experience, before I was tested a few more times and learned that the positive was in fact a false, I brewed all sorts of stuff and told SWMBO "If this is it, thats fine, but I'm brewing til I know!"

You probably wont ever have "one last batch". As homebrewers having SWMBOs who are fully used to our hobby, they'll probably realize when the time comes that there is no "last brew". There is just brewing until we know.

I'd go for a big, complex Belgian quad like St Bernardus Abt 12. Those take a while to drink and get better as they warm...plus they're stong enough to set me right :drunk:

I'd burn out fast. Brew a super hoppy double IPA, enjoy it while it lasts, and savor the memories.

Back