transferring beer from sankey to corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neddy

Reaction score
I just got my kegerator set up and will have it ready soon. I have a Sanyo mini-fridge that will fit 2 corny kegs. My problem is that I'm anxious to use my new toy but I won't have homebrew ready to put in it for another 3 weeks. 1/6 barrel kegs will fit in it but I can get a 1/4 barrel keg for just a little more at my local store. Is it possible (I'm assuming it is) to transfer the beer from a 1/4 barrel sankey keg into my 2 corny's? If so how do I do it as to not degrade/oxidize the beer.

Thanks

You'll need to make an adapter from the beer line coming out of the Sanke tap to a cornie outlet fitting. Then you can pressurize the sanke and push beer into the cornie. Use the pressure relief valve to let the air out of the cornie.

For just one run, I wouldn't bother. If you expect to do this often in the future, then it would be worth while. Either cut the Sanke line and attach the cornie connecter or put an inline T or get some quick disconnects.

Back