Getting Impatient...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aMillionDreams

Reaction score
...with the sit and wait method.

I thought I could wait a week for my Pliny the Elder clone, but my other keg had a leak in the line and I'd love to have it ready tomorrow night. I hooked it up at 12 PSI on Monday. If I shake it for 15 mintues or so will it be carbed by tomorrow night?

If you use the shake method you should be able to have it carbed up. Make sure it's cold and use the shake method periodically to get it to the desired level. Usually this is done at a higher pressure, say 25-30 psi, but I'm not sure if the fact it's been sitting on the gas for 4 days already will make a difference or not. I've never done that myself.

Also keep in mind that by forcing the CO2 like this you're going to get a lot more of a carbonic bite type flavor, which can be quite a distraction. IMO it would be a shame to rush a Pliny clone and have an end product that isn't as good as it could be.

Back