Florida Brewpubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nothreat

Reaction score
I will be in the Melbourne/Orlando area in January. Does anyone know of any brewpubs in the general vicinity that I should visit? I try to visit all the local pubs when I travel.

You are in Melbourne? What in the world are you doing in Melboring? ;)
There is a former brewpub beachside in Indian Harbor Beach that has a good selection - Coasters Pub -- A1A & Eau Gallie, Melbourne FL. Coasters also servs BRewCity fries. :) There is also Charlie & Jack's Brewery in Melbourne on Wickham Rd. They have some tasty stuff there, plus the food is good too. That's also the place where the local home brew club meets once a month.
There are a few more places in town who have some 'unusal' beer for the area on tap, but nothing really outstanding. Florida Brewing Co. is also in Melbourne on US1. They have a tap room; however, don't expect too much.

Let me know if you have questions

Here's a couple places to try....

Abbey - Noteworthy Wine - Adventurous Beer

If you go to the Abbey let me know, I'll join ya for a brew. :mug:

Abbey is very cool! College atmosphere with good wine for the SWMBO if she hasn't been corrupted with good beer yet (mine has.) I go there whenever I can - I live not far away. I have seen better selection ( and much worse) but they have great people. I think they have 18 taps and last I was in there the taps included Delirium Noel, Brooklyn Brewery, Rogue Double Dead Guy, Bell's chocolate stout, Skullsplitter, etc but they change a lot. Spent hours talking to the bartender about brewing last time I went. Even the non-brewers on staff really seem to know their beer and can make good recommendations. My favorite little bar in town...

I also like BJ's Brewhouse in Orlando by the Milennia Mall but that's a chain so you may have been to one. I like their Imperial Stout.

Spent hours talking to the bartender about brewing last time I went.

That must have been Daneux..:) I've picked his brain quite a few times..:D

Never heard of BJ's I'll have to try that..

Red Light Red Light is hands down the best beer bar in orlando. Their new location has 20 taps, 2 beer engines and is dirt cheap. I honestly dont understand how they can make money. They sell 750 Belgians for $2 or $3 above retail. DFH 90min is $3 on tap for example. Its a GREAT place. google red light orlando and their myspace page will come up. Underground Bluz has a good selection but is about 2x the price of red light. $7 for Wittekerke is insane and I dont go their anymore.

I think the SWMBO and I are going to Abbey tonight if we get a sitter. If anyone else in the area can go PM me and maybe we'll have a brew!

JPS7117 mentioned Orlando Brewing Company and I would wholeheartedly recommend it. They server no food, but keep a good delivery menu. They make 8-11 styles of their own beer as well as others on tap (10 +/- total). They have no TVs (I like that), the people are pretty cool and they have live music on the weekends.

BH

Latest posts

Back