Fing comcast (rant)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
so last night i goto bed. I have 1digitial cable & one box. cause I;m not renting another box. I turn on non box TV. I;m missing cspans, 12, 23, 26, 27,28 & some others.....COMCAST is blocking those channels. WTF.

I mean i have a nice big screen TV with a universal remote that controls the thing & i have to use a comcast box turning my TV into a giant fing monitor. I went out looking just for lcd monitors. No they stopped selling those cause now they have to have HD. that not what i want. what is the point of having a TV that receives HD has a cool ass remote that controls everything with PIP & all the audio out that you will ever need if i have to rent a fing box with ****ty audio out & it doesnt work half the time cause comcasts lines are old & dont tell comcast that cause it is just easier to switch out boxes.

Comcast has been removing channels from the regular(analog) lineup for a while in my area too. They pretty much want you to have a digital box for every TV. They're Comcast, they can do what they want and most people will just bare it and grin...

I honeslty smell a lawsuit. It is not the issue that they are blocking the channels I will have to pay for rental of a box. FIOS is slow coming. I;m just pissed.

Send the coax out of the box over to the other TV and use a simple IR to RF bouncer to control it from the 2nd room. I've done that for cable and satellite until I got the Dishnetwork VIP622 which has an included 2nd RF remote for this purpose. The real benefit is access to your DVR drive if you use DVR.

Lawsuit? Would you try suing Verizonwireless because you have to buy their phones to use their service?

Soon they won't be a monopoly in any area. The services will shockingly get better. I'm eagerly waiting FIOS. Unfortunately, for the time being I'm stuck with comcast b/c i have a million trees around me.

So you need to re-wire your tv's or rent another $9 box. Big deal.

I just bought a TV with every OTA tuner in the world and they are useless to me unless I want to watch the News @ 9 in high def. Otherwise, I have to have the box to get the HD and premium channel broadcasts through cable or sattelite.

Long gone are the days where the cable company uses filters inline to descramble signals. Now a days if you want a premium channel in your lineup the computer in the box has to be told to allow it.

we don't get any channels with FIOS without a box of some sort anymore. Granted our digital to analog converter boxes were free, but everything needs a box now or a built in tuner. Welcome to what was supposed to happen 2 years ago, I'm glad it's finally here

Back