Longest Active Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbone

Reaction score
So many questions about no fermentation. How about the opposite question? What was your longest active fermentation? I am sure that mine doesn't come close but I am at 10 days straight and still very active. Love to know how long this can go.

My current brew is at 13 days and still pretty stable. JUST FINISH ALREADY!

EDIT: a little over a year and I'm bringin this dead thread back!

haha- thread resurrection!

My house is cold right now and I have an APA in primary that is barely blooping along. It's going, though, so I'm going to wait it out. I see this going a long, long time, though!

My lagers easily take 12 days to ferment out, but not usually my ales. We'll see this time!

I've had wine go for about a month and a half, and so far my beer (out of two batches yet) is still letting off small bubbles after 10 days. Cool and in the corner.

My mead is still going after 3-4 months. Just moved it to a slightly warmer location as it had appeared to have pretty much stalled at 1.010. Going again now but looks a bit suspecious. Little worried about contam. but think its just the vicosity of mead and am not worrying and having a homebrew cider;)

My Apfelwein is bubbling now at 13 days just as vigorously as it was bubbling on day 2.
OG was 1065.

My Apfelwein is only four days old so it's obviously still going strong. Although, I have it in the basement so I'm surprised the cooler air hasn't slowed it as much.

My OG was only 1.050, so maybe apple juice brand makes a big diff.

my last brew a midwest porter kit

was swirlin and churnin for almost 9 days

I was worried the hop chunks would never settle down

went 6 weeks in primary and came out very clear

:mug:

Got one now that's been actively fermenting for 19 days now. It is a wheat beer just like ChefMichael01's. It has slowed down to a bubble every minute or so.

Got one now that's been actively fermenting for 19 days now. It is a wheat beer just like ChefMichael01's. It has slowed down to a bubble every minute or so.

Same, today marks 21 days in primary! I'm still getting a little bubble every 45sec-minute+. I'm thinking about checking the gravity tonight. This is also a wheat beer using WB-06, but it had a high OG.

Back