Burner Fabrication

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agroff383

Reaction score
Hey has anyone used a burner like this for a keggle?
PROPANE HIGH PRESSURE BURNER - eBay (item 380137541602 end time Aug-07-09 09:21:41 PDT)

I am doing extract, full 5 gallon boils now in my 1/2 BBL sized keggle but the burner I am using is just not strong enough. I want to know if anyone handy with a welder has build a brew stand, I want to make it so when I get 3 keggles and do AG then I can weld on to the existing stand. I can weld and torch and cut and all that so I am not intimidated by making it.

I just want to know how you support the burner and build a grill around it, I just would love to see some pictures of brew stands fabricated with good pics of the area that supports a burner of this type....thanks for all the help!

Since you would need to shell out for a regulator hose and framing metal, you might look at spending a bit more and getting a whole burner. I recently got the Bayou Classic SP-10, and (not to sound like an ad or anything) it's a 185,00 BTU beast of a propane burner that heats incredibly fast. I paid $50 (plus $8 for shipping) for it from Northern Brewer, which had the best price on it that I could find anywhere. Love it! Here's the link: High Pressure Burner & Stand - Burners - Equipment

But then I don't have access to welding equipment, so the build-your-own thing wouldn't have worked for me. Good luck!

Back