Old Fridge Converstion to Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socommaker

Reaction score
So I took the plunge a few weeks ago and sprung for a old fridge. Cost me $40 and was already missing the shelves, so I took the deal. I was so excited about starting the project that I forgot to take pictures of the before. So, you are going to have to use the imagination if you will. It was an awful almond yellow color with worn down handles. Wasn't much to look at, had some rust spots on the sides. But still worked.

So I started with an extraction of the door shelves. Just didn't need them and saw no purpose to keep them, plus it allowed more room for the kegs and co2 to sit nicely inside. Then I had put some clear Plexiglas to protect the foam core of the door. Clean all the weather stripping and other plastic parts inside the fridge. Then I sanded and cleaned the outside metal of the fridge. I had some single part commercial black epoxy lying around and gave it a new paint job.

So you want to see pictures of the semi-complete product? Go to this blog to view them. The only stuff I have left to do is get the shanks and faucets. Let me know what you think?

Back