Do you have a guilty pleasure beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every once in a while I like a brass monkey. I can usually only handle a few sips of the straight OE but once the OJ is there, its delicious.

I like a brass monkey. I can usually only handle a few sips of the straight OE but once the OJ is there, its delicious.

Can't believe you went there...

"Cause I drink it anytime - and anyplace
When it's time to get ill - I pour it on my face
Monkey tastes Def when you pour it on ice
Come on y'all it's time to get nice
Coolin' by the lockers getting kind of funky
Me and the crew - we're drinking Brass Monkey
This girl walked by - she gave me the eye
I reached in the locker - grabbed the Spanish Fly
I put it with the Monkey - mixed it in the cup
Went over to the girl, "Yo baby, what's up?"
I offered her a sip - the girl she gave me lip
It did begin the stuff wore in and now she's on my tip"

For me its High Life or PBR... kinda burnt out on PBR and its hipster association though. Lookin' forward to warm enough weather for the champagne of beers

Sometimes during the summer, when it's really hot, I like to drink an ice cold Framboise (Cantillon Rosé de Gambrinus or Boon Framboise, easy to get around here) in secret.

I'm a 6'3" 220 pound heavily bearded death metaller with hair down to my thighs and holding a pink girly beer in public gets me more stares and giggles than I'm comfortable with :D

Can't believe you went there...

"Cause I drink it anytime - and anyplace
When it's time to get ill - I pour it on my face
Monkey tastes Def when you pour it on ice
Come on y'all it's time to get nice
Coolin' by the lockers getting kind of funky
Me and the crew - we're drinking Brass Monkey
This girl walked by - she gave me the eye
I reached in the locker - grabbed the Spanish Fly
I put it with the Monkey - mixed it in the cup
Went over to the girl, "Yo baby, what's up?"
I offered her a sip - the girl she gave me lip
It did begin the stuff wore in and now she's on my tip"

For me its High Life or PBR... kinda burnt out on PBR and its hipster association though. Lookin' forward to warm enough weather for the champagne of beers
So thats what a brass monkey is.......nasty. I also can partake in a cold miller high life on a hot summer day.

Labatt's Blue Light or Molson Canadian Light during the summer; regular Labatt's Blue or Molson Canadian otherwise...

Courtesy of David Lynch's "Blue Velvet":

Frank Booth: What kind of beer do you like?
Jeffrey Beaumont: Heineken.
Frank Booth: [shouting] Heineken? F@ck that ****! Pabst Blue Ribbon!

Sorry, it's the first thing I think of when Heineken is mentioned...:tank:

I don't feel guilty about it at all, but an ice cold Coors Light after a long day in the woods at hunting camp is something I look forward to.

I drink Miller Lite a good bit once it gets over 95 deg and humid as hell. Especially if I am working in the yard outside or hanging out by the pool.

It's my summer beer. Haven't had one in 6 months. But I do enjoy them ice cold on a hot summer day.

I do the same. Nothing better than an ice cold swill on a hot summer day while doing yard work. I keep mine in a can cozy or a freezer mug.

qhrumphf said:
i love me some pbr. I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure though, cause i make no attempt to hide it and the snobs who scoff at it can all suck it as far as i'm concerned. I do get a little pissed when people call me a hipster for liking it, though.

+1

Kokanee is great, as is Molson and Labatt's.

Molson and Labatt's make lots of different beers, most of them bad, LOL! Used to drink a lot of Molson Canadian, though.

I like a Pacifico with Mexican food, and have a favourite Big Rock Lime ale for hot days (though now I have my own wheat for such occasions).

I, too, will sometimes partake in a Mojito, but when it comes to beers I'm still pretty snobby.

All things being equal, I probably wouldn't pick this beer, but considering the ultra-low price and flavor that is actually different from other American lagers: Hamm's. It is refreshing on a hot day, has a semblance of flavor, and is cheaper than milk!

Latest posts

Back