MillerCoors Panel Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagatris

Reaction score
This is kind of a spin-off from this thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/free-brewmasters-tasting-kit-killians-red-108665/index19.html

It seems that several of us got invited to participate in a survey panel, with the possibility of more surveys in the future.

I thought it would be interesting to discuss some of the questions they are asking.

This will be a paraphrased version of one of the groupings of questions.

"For each of the following, please answer with 1=Completely Disagree, 2=Somewhat Disagree, 3=Slightly Disagree, 4=Slightly Agree, 5=Somewhat Agree, 6=Completely Agree.

-My Friends often drink cool and trendy drinks.
-People often judge you by what you drink.
-Drinking beer is part of who I am.
-I drink beer to relax at the end of the day.
-It's easier to control my drinking with beer.
-I like to experiment and try new beers.
-Less expensive beers are just as good as premium priced ones.
-I like the little "extras" when drinking beer (frosted mug, wedge of lime, etc)
-Drinking certain brands of beer makes me think about lots of great times I've had
-I like drinking the same brand(s) of beer because I know I'll get a consisten taste every time
-I can drink light beer and function just fine.
-I don't like light beer because it has less taste.
-Light beers are more refreshing than other beers.
-Light beers help me to control my weight.

OK, I'll bite.

Question 5 presumes a drinking problem and none of the available answers allows you to indicate the question is irrelevant.

Same with 4th from the bottom. I can drink light beer and function just fine... Strongly disagree. Light beer totally throws me off my groove. However, this again presumes a drinking problem.

WTF?

Just did the survey too, some really detailed questions about my past drinking habits, had to just throw out numbers for most of them.

Obviously a "What do you want to see in our TV ads" poll, and has nothing to do with their beer.

-My Friends often drink cool and trendy drinks. Do we push the trendy/popular drinker angle?
-People often judge you by what you drink. Do we push the our beer make you a sophisticated drinker angle?
-Drinking beer is part of who I am.Is this person someone who actually drinks beer, or is he our biggest customer?
-I drink beer to relax at the end of the day. Do we push the relaxation angle? (ala Corona)
-It's easier to control my drinking with beer. Not sure on this one? Push pre-portioned drinks?
-I like to experiment and try new beers. Should we start making (more) spin-off beer? aka Lime
-Less expensive beers are just as good as premium priced ones. Can you tell the difference between piss and beer?
-I like the little "extras" when drinking beer (frosted mug, wedge of lime, etc) How much does beer presentation matter to you in our commercials?
-Drinking certain brands of beer makes me think about lots of great times I've had Should we do flashback commercials?
-I like drinking the same brand(s) of beer because I know I'll get a consistent taste every time Do we spotlight our unchanged recipe for the last 20 years? (or release a 'classic' version for 5$ more than the current mix)
-I can drink light beer and function just fine. Did you know beer comes in another color?
-I don't like light beer because it has less taste. Do you drink our beer?
-Light beers are more refreshing than other beers. Do you drink our beer? And/or Should we push harder on the "refreshing" angle.
-Light beers help me to control my weight. Should we remove more flavor for calorie based ads?

Nice Nugu!

-It's easier to control my drinking with beer. Not sure on this one? Push pre-portioned drinks?

I have a guess: You're just the type we want buying our beer...your answers count double! PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.

FWIW...Here is what appears to be a 'real' study.

I haven't gotten my cups yet, but I've taken 2 of the surveys. At the very least, I feel like I'm giving them some good creative input.

The majority of their check boxes go unchecked, and I fill out the "other" category with a laundry list of the beers that I enjoy drinking. Perhaps one voice will make a difference.

I did 2 of the surveys also. Hopefully I'll get chosen for the next one since they said it involved $75 for some of the participants.

Still haven't gotten my plastic tasting cups, though.

Back