Keg beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eppo

Reaction score
Finally got my keezer running. After connecting the beer line, the beer is a bit foamy. I'm pretty sure its because of the warm tubing. I just want to check, but can the beer line be too long? Its 12 feet, 15 psi.

I think you are right about the warm tubing. Longer beer lines usually reduce foaming. What pressure are you using?

Gary

12' of 3/16 will not give you foam problems because of length, so it must have been something else. If you're sure the beer isn't overcarbed, then warm tubing/shanks could cause some foam.

I tend to get foam on the first pour of my kegerator also. After that it mellows out.
If you're still getting too much foam after a couple of pours, you may have overcarbed.

i can attest to the over carbonation. i usually force carb at 40 psi and the beer is done in one day, but i forgot about the beer and left it for 3 days under 40 psi. holy crap is was foamy. even after the foam settled, it was so carbonated it was burning my esophagus.

make sure the tap is WIDE open, as partially opening it creates turbulance and blows CO2 out of solution.

how fast can you pour a pint? too fast is a sign of not enough resistance, but if its a nice reasonable pour then its probably just new, warm lines.

Latest posts

Back