Tip for the other newbies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am drinking of my 4th batch now and decided to revisit my hop heavy smell kinda weird tasting Boston style ale.. the extra 2 weeks in the bottle made a huge difference in mellowing it out.. it was OK at first now I can say it turned out Good! :rockin:

The tip: The old timers speaketh true.. Time can make a decent beer Good.

I know the exact feeling. I bottled my first batch 4 weeks ago and just last week I was complaining that it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. I decided to crack another open tonight for the hell of it and all I can say is wow! This is how I had hoped it would turn out. :ban: THe extra week performed some kind of magic. Believe it when the "oldtimers" say it gets better with age. :D

budbo said:
I am drinking of my 4th batch now and decided to revisit my hop heavy smell kinda weird tasting Boston style ale.. the extra 2 weeks in the bottle made a huge difference in mellowing it out.. it was OK at first now I can say it turned out Good! :rockin:

The tip: The old times speaketh true.. Time can make a decent beer Good.

So the extra 2 weeks made it 4 weeks in the bottle total?

budbo said:

The tip: The old times speaketh true.. Time can make a decent beer Good.

congrats on the success!! its always a trying period when the beer tastes green, and your not sure how its gonna turn out.

Pilsner Pete said:
So the extra 2 weeks made it 4 weeks in the bottle total?
Yes, I started drinking it after 2 weeks it was drinkable but smelled really heavy hops and tasted a bit sour... My next batch came ready so I started drinking it... I came up a bottle short last night so had to free one up.. :drunk:

Back