What connections do I need

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
So I am working on getting all my junk together to brew all grain I have a ugly old 3 tier stand that was thrown together. but I don't have all the connections I will need. My plan is to use weldless fittings. What do I need to buy. I know I will need 3 bulkheads and 3 ball valves, at least one 90 degree pickup for the mash tun and one 90 degree pickup for the boil kettle. I will figure out a false bottom. I am looking for the basics then I will go and get the extra stuff like a nice 3 thermostats and sight glasses as I have the cash to do it.

Thanks in advance
Steve

You can pretty much pick up all of that stuff for cheap at bargainfittings.com... I have used them in the past a bunch.

The other things to think of would be quick disconnects, hose barbs. only need one sightglass usually... I ended up putting thermometers on my tanks, but don't trust them and use a lab thermo instead... I would recommend a couple of things I suppose.

Buy only female quick disconnects for your tanks, and then for your pump, and use just a couple of jumper lines with female disconnects that are multi functional

I would spend money on thermocouplers that can be utilized down the road with a pid or such instead of thermometers... Go digital early and save money in the long run.

Back