Better mouse trap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Or just a bad way to start your brewday?

2113-img_1159.jpg

I left the Maris Otter LME thawing in the brewery overnight. Fortunately, the leak was small, the night cool. Most of it was still in the bag.

Oh man...I wonder if the mouse died from od'ing on sugar?
Heart attack?

I recently found some mice poop in the closet where I keep my carboys, and a couple of turds were near the neck! I think they crawled up the shirt I have over the carboy. Little bastards, I can hear them gnawing on crap at night.

When you buy those mini-kegs they come with a plastic stopper. I left one of once and a mouse fell in and died. Stunk the place up a bit and I tracked the smell down. Needless to say (buy I'll say it anyway), the keg went to the dump.

A difficult call. I doubt it would have died of dehydration in 16 hours.

Anyway, I made the 3CPA and pitched it on the cake from the 1909 Mild.

[hijack] I raise chickens and turkeys in the summertime. One time one of the kids 'accidentally' smacked one of the turkey hens in the head with a stick and knocked her right out cold. All the toms started puffing up and circling around her. I had to send one of the kids for the axe because I was sure the males would have their way with the corpse. Just before I harvested the bird she twitched and woke up, much to the dissappointment of her suitors. Men are such pigs! "Get her while she's warm, boys!!" [/hijack]

Back