What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This surpasses my expectations but I am not a connoisseur of strong Belgians. I will however, say that I've had a better American Tripel...right down the road from my house...Final Absolution. I also rank FA as #1 in the world in beer names.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394916414.285159.jpg

Fins, did you do a 5 gallon or the one gallon tester.
My latest IPA, I like.

Just a gallon. Im not sure how the chocolate I used is going to turn out and wanted to be able to make quite a few test runs without having so much to drink. It smelled amazing though :mug:

This surpasses my expectations but I am not a connoisseur of strong Belgians. I will however, say that ice had a better American Tripel...right down the road from my house...Final Absolution. I also rank FA as #1 in the world in beer names.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

I thought it that was pretty good for being a hoppy tripel. I am making my first triple here soon that is based off a FA clone but iv never had it before.

I thought it that was pretty good for being a hoppy tripel. I am making my first triple here soon that is based off a FA clone but iv never had it before.

Final Absolution is more banana than this. I went to a food pairing with all Dragonmead beers this past summer. They paired FA with bananas foster for dessert. THAT was something else. For my money, Dragonmead, while known for their Belgians, makes some of the best dark beers around. Their Wee Heavy (Under the Kilt) out of the tap was the best strong Scotch Ale I've ever had. I guess I say the same about FA but the difference is I'm not big on Belgian ales.

UConn vs. Louisville up next. The Ville blew us out last week. Hoping we get some revenge. Time to hammer dinner before the game!

for all y'all attending St. Paddy's festivities: Amateurs go out on Amateur Night.

nothing right now, but I did pick up some Black Chocolate Stout and various things in a 6er mix & match.

for all y'all attending St. Paddy's festivities: Amateurs go out on Amateur Night.

nothing right now, but I did pick up some Black Chocolate Stout and various things in a 6er mix & match.

Very true, I was already followed all the way home from a bar by a ****** cop sitting in a parking lot last night.

Back