Gluing corny keg handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theswampbeast

Reaction score
So I was at my LHBS today picking up some random stuff and I wound up buying an old corny keg for 20 bucks. Holds pressure great and the seals, poppits, etc. are all in great shape. I got it for 20 bucks because 1. it was dirty (no big deal) and 2. the rubber on either end is coming off. I read an earlier thread discussing adhesives and I think I'm going to try using Loctite (although, I'd love some feedback on that if anyone has other suggestions). My main question is whether or not I should first remove the rubber ends and clean them and the keg before gluing. Seems like I would get a better seal and I figure the better the seal, the less room for dirt/bacteria. Does this make sense or am I over thinking it?

I used Gorilla glue. No cleaning other than wiping with a damp rag. So far it is holding up well for the last few months but I don't know how long term it will hold.

Back