Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was on the graveyard for 12.5 hours...

Home sweet home.

Wife is tending to an upset belly that the girl has... boy still asleep.

Cat barfed on the welcome mat (wtf?)

Dog scared of the dove hunters out back (shot guns)

will sleep about 6 hours today with earplugs and eye covers with the AC on and a nice thin quilt

No brews today. Another 12.5 tonight.

Happy Sunday!

images

Dove-Hunting.jpg

ippuku-uzura-maruyaki.jpg

Was on the graveyard for 12.5 hours...

Home sweet home.

Wife is tending to an upset belly that the girl has... boy still asleep.

Cat barfed on the welcome mat (wtf?)

Dog scared of the dove hunters out back (shot guns)

will sleep about 6 hours today with earplugs and eye covers with the AC on and a nice thin quilt

No brews today. Another 12.5 tonight.

Happy Sunday!

images

Dove-Hunting.jpg

ippuku-uzura-maruyaki.jpg

If that's what's for dinner, I'm on my way! :) Looks good!

Cool and sunny here this morning, Just finished packing a cooler for a family pick nick this afternoon.

Enjoy what ever you find yourself doing today! :mug:

I just finished my second 12 hour shift of the week... ONE MORE TO GO! What did I do on my down time?

I learned how to wire the STC-1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know what the STC-1000 is? Search HomeBrewTalk...

But be careful... your life may be changed forever...

-cannman

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Nursing a case of over consumption this fine Sunday morning. Good day for it, it's already bright and sunny, and on its way to the mid 70's. The Bill's are 2-0 and playing this afternoon, and the wife is off to a baby shower. Looks like the making of fine day. :D Enjoy your Sunday!

Working this morning, forced to deal with the extreme stupidity of others. These people are so stupid, they couldn't find their own ass in the dark with 3 hands & a flashlight. Usually this shift is quiet & easy. I like quiet & easy; these idiots are pissing me off. I see copious amounts of beer in my very near future (after work).
Hope everybody else is having a great day.
Regards, GF.

Staring to read Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation (Brewing Elements Series)
Jamil Zainasheff, Chris White

Talk about intense. I'm pretty sure some of this stuff goes deeper than some of my college biology courses. A little light reading for Sunday morning :)

Sundays are my Friday. I have 2 hours until my weekend starts (3 day weekend this time). No huge plans. I have a batch to bottle, 1 to keg and another batch is in mid ferment. I will probably sit and watch the bubbles come out of the airlock to amuse myself for a while.

Spent Sunday AM @ church, thanking my Creator God for all the blessings of this week. And for creating--- amongst other things --- barley, water, hops and yeast. Spent Sunday PM reluctantly watching our Bills get hammered by the Chargers. And having a homebrew. Which helped me sleep through the 4th quarter.

Getting ready for the first real rain of the season (I think, at least that's what the weather-person says). Should be exciting!

I hung up some coat racks I've been working on. It's weathered redwood and railroad spikes.

That looks great. I've been slowly collecting railroad spikes to do the same thing. I've got three so far just looking for the perfect piece of wood now.

Good Sunday morning everyone! :) It's a sunny but cool 51* here in the western Finger Lakes of New York state. The fall festival is in full swing in town and my honey want's to go for some fried dough. :D I have 6 gallons of raspberry Skeeter Pee to bottle, luckily I have the bottles all cleaned and ready to go. Once the carboy is empty, I'd like to fill it with a pumpkin ale that I have to brew.

Looks like a busy day, I might have to hold the brew off until tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

My Sunday Morning started at about 11am pst. Watched the Kings Vs Avalanche on the DVR from last night (was working), had a coke, and now catching up on the board here. I plan to take a FG reading on my IPA today... it finally stopped bubbling a full 4 days into ferm.

Seriously considering buying a simply single tap keg system to rock a "house brew" and make use of my 16 gal for 10 gal batches.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful, but chilly Sunday morning here in Western New York, and my first grand baby is on the way. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful, but chilly Sunday morning here in Western New York, and my first grand baby is on the way. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)

Congrats!

I'll be playing Life with my son, dropping my daughter off at a party, then maybe fishing with my son. Then planning on watching Tom Brady get sacked repeatedly and have his teammates not high five him (while I'm drinking some homebrew), and maybe make some pickles and/or mead.

Top of the morning to ya. Brewing some coffee this morning. 82', calling for a high of 90'. I may do a little yard work since NASCAR is not running today.

Just opened up two liters of canned Wort 1.035 OG for my WPL007 starter. She's spinning around on the stir plate getting ready for the Arrogant Bastard clone brew on Tuesday evening. Also inoculated three slants worth of the WPL007 for future use.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Ran in the woods with the dog for about an hour and a half this morning.

Almost done with the mash on an American Brown Ale.

My newbie gearhead son & I put new aftermarket brakes on the front of my tuner yesterday. Had to pop the RF wheel today to reposition the disc pad clips today & "set" the pads. Instead of the two lil packets of silicone used in the back of the pads in the old days, they have this plastic-like resin on the back that needs to be "set". Slow way down and stop a couple times 45 to 5 then 25 to 5 a couple times to set them in place. Then this damn Clerk of courts BS e-mail in my spam folder I clicked on raised hell with my virus scanner for some 13 hours. Just got done pulling some 10 trojans out of the system. It all starts with the Flash player update site's update program. Stay the hell away from it if it's an "unpublished" version!!!! That's the one loaded with trojans! Every time I went to there site, the "unpublished" one popped in. Don't do it y'all! :mad:

Just relaxing today.

Wife had an art show last night. Rolled out of bed at 9am. Made omlettes and French press coffee for brunch. Then prepped for a job interview tomorrow. Successfully managed to not have a reason to leave the house. Will probably fall asleep watching the Giants - Eagles game.

Brewed a Blonde for a co worker and burned some Chicken again I suck at the Grill but the beer eases my Pain!

Started out my Sunday wanting to brew the annual Pumpkin Ale. Smashing Pumpkin calls for 2.5 pounds dark Munich and I had about 4 ounces .. so I grabbed all the part bags of various malts and grains and crushed a bit more 2 row, some MO, some pilsner, some carapils, and a leftover ounce or two of acidulated malt. Smishmash Pumpkin .. time will tell.

Started out my Sunday wanting to brew the annual Pumpkin Ale. Smashing Pumpkin calls for 2.5 pounds dark Munich and I had about 4 ounces .. so I grabbed all the part bags of various malts and grains and crushed a bit more 2 row, some MO, some pilsner, some carapils, and a leftover ounce or two of acidulated malt. Smishmash Pumpkin .. time will tell.

Did a scrap brew once... Best highly carbonated 7% dark brew EVER. I can't recreate it since I have no clue what went in. Write everything down just incase.

Yesterday was actually a good day for a change. Finished cleaning up the man cave/brewery for the Smeltz's to stop by for a bit to pick up the booty I saved. Gave'em a 6'r of home brew to take home too. Son called from friend's house to get him, so I took him & the digital SLR from school to the park for more pics. Then home for beers & chili.

Time to end my week long exile from the land of the living.

Breakfast, brunch, taking my daughter to buy her first Manga comic, and then back home to try to get Mac OS Yosemite Sam installed on my computer.

It snowed last night. Currently melting away while we cook eggs and polish sausages. Dog muddy. Car frosty. Everything is just right.

Worked a 9 hr. shift then went home, had a snack & made apple/plum butter & canned it. Then I did laundry & went to bed.
Regards, GF.

Back