Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to check a short trap line before bottling up a batch of pumpkin ale today. 37*and cloudy here this morning and it's not looking to change much all day. Should be a good day for some football, a couple cold ones and a nap!

Enjoy whatever your Sunday morning might bring! :fro:

Just waking up and Mama is feeding the baby, i am about to feed Mama. Cook up some bacon and eggs and brew some coffee. Chilly but clear outside, looks like a day to get some yard worm done.

Right now I'm trying to explain to the dog that we can't play fetch while my wife is still asleep.

He insists it will be okay.

EDIT: he finally chuffed, sighed, and laid back down. I think I'm going to do the same.

Working this morning. After work it's a quick trip to the hippy grocery store for a few ingredients for supper, then it's cooking supper (whilst drinking), then a movie; by then it'll be bedtime. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Just down the road a piece from you Brew Dude and it's a beautiful morning in Ohio. Getting some coffee this morning and will be doing some yard stuff probably. Got the hop plants put to bed last weekend. Might mow one more time. O.O

Spent the whole day fixing the computer. Dang kids, can't trust'em, can't shoot'em. If I'd have used the new anti spyware 1st, I'd have been done around lunch time...:mad:

Working again today, tired. After work it'll be bedtime. Right now I need to get coffee & get busy. Hope everyone has a great day!
Regards, GF.

Looks like I'll be chasing down a draft in my house this morning. Woke up and it's freaking 62F in the house.

I think it's coming from the attic.

Started writing some more of both my Time Lords 2034 series & book 2 of my home brewing adventures. Gotta get some of the dampfbier v2 & the Bavarian hefe in the fridge today for Thanksgiving. Still gotta clean some more emptied bottles too. But my books have been calling me away from other things.:mug:

Looks like I'll be chasing down a draft in my house this morning. Woke up and it's freaking 62F in the house.

I think it's coming from the attic.

Yeah... The freezing wind reminded me this morning I haven't winterized the swamp cooler or plug up the vent hole...

Thanks for the reminder.

Yeah... The freezing wind reminded me this morning I haven't winterized the swamp cooler or plug up the vent hole...

Thanks for the reminder.

I took care of my swamp cooler mid-October. I have a special pair of torn up jeans for that job so I don't rip a good pair on my shingles.

I'm also thinking of buying a piece of plywood, putting some reflectix on both sides of it, and inserting it in my cooler vent to better block that draft.

Additionally, I discovered this morning that one of my boiler pumps is dying. So I'm trying to find a local Grundfos retailer with it in stock. Right now I'm waiting on a phone call. If they have it, awesome. If not, it looks like an Amazon order. I'll join Prime just for the free 2-day shipping on it.

I'm supposed to go on vacation for a week on Friday night. I have to get this taken care of first.

This is what the attic one looks like.

Starting on the swamp cooler vent one, but it will be identical. It will go: reflectix, plywood, reflectix, pillow, vent cover.

I put some cheap handles on it so it's easier to place and remove.

image.jpg

Attempting my first ever brew today. I set very low expectations in case it needs to be tossed. I feel I'm not ready but I have to start sometime.

Hope it went well. I'm sure it will exceed whatever expectations you set. We all can appreciate your feeling of not being ready to launch that first brew, but after today, you'll be exponentially more confident to do your next one. :mug:

Found a replacement pump today. $100. Took four hours to swap it out, fix the wiring, and chase down all the drips.

How's this for scary: the old boiler pump was electrically connected to live and neutral but not grounded. The jackass just snipped the end off the ground wire and left it disconnected. The pump I didn't replace must be wired the same.

I thought I could get away with replacing the basement pump that had the bad bearing and replace the upstairs pump that still worked after Christmas.

No dice. The upstairs pump is going out too. It's moving water so slow that by the time it gets passed the first room (the kitchen) it's cold. I woke up to a 60F house again.

But the basement is staying warm.

Looks like I know what I'll be doing for four hours after work tonight.

Working this morning. After work it'll be shoveling snow & de-icing the stairs. Then it's laundry, a movie & supper. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Working on a seminar at the moment and heading out to a Christmas parade later, hoping the wind off the water won't be too nuts.

54F so far here this morning. Had leftover turkey chili with cheese for breakfast. Computer working a bit better than usual.

Feeding the kid breakfast, watching Disney jr. and about to warm up some Thanksgiving left overs for myself.

Sent from my kegerator

Dreading going back to work on Monday after a relaxing week off for Thanksgiving...

Full day of mowing the yard, hanging lights, playing with the wife and dog then cooking something outside on the pit all while enjoying some HB. Today is going to be a gorgeous day.

I ran the coon hound last night and dropped a few, I'll have to put them up this afternoon. I have the first of many Holiday parties coming later today as well. Looks like it will be a very busy day, likely as not I'll not even get to see any of the football game. OH Well.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! :D

Good Sunday morning Brewers!

The Sunday before Christmas will be spent quite lazily here in our little corner of the world. I'm thinking about making some breakfast, and then taking a nap before football comes on. We'll see what the day brings.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! :)

Just opened Yule presents with my wife & daughter. It was a tradition we started when we started dating because back then Christmas involved going to my folks', her mom's, her dad's, and then her grandma's. It was easier to get our stuff done early and have Christmas for the families.

Now we only have to do two stops on Christmas, but we still open a handful of presents early.

Got up early this Sunday morning, puttered around the kitchen and did a few chores there, made some breakfast and coffee and am now sitting down to spend a little quality time with HBT ;)

Will head out the door to our chosen house of worship in about 30 minutes, then this afternoon, I'm going to throw a batch of wine together and, if I have time, a batch of cider, too.

Then late this afternoon, heading out to a really interesting wedding celebration - a friend who is Muslim invited us to her son's wedding celebration. While I've been to a mosque and an iftar (spelling?) celebration, this will be new to me and thus interesting.

I really need to carve out some time to brew soon.

Good morning, Sunday thread. It's my son's birthday today. He's nine. We let him open one of our presents this morning before his party at my parents this afternoon. Got him his first pocket knife. We did the old trick of putting it in a big box ( with lots of packing tape) , then a smaller box, and so on. Five boxes in all. All the while, refusing to let his borrow my knife to cut the tape. Hehehe.

He and his mom are making pancakes, then its hair cuts, showers, and off to the grandparents. Gonna be a great Sunday.

Just chillin' with y'all while I wait for the wife to finish with the sink so I can wash a crap ton of bottles. Gotta get the place tidied up for Christmas. Our #2 son is supposed to bring his fiance over for Christmas or thereabouts.

Working this morning. Later I'll be shoveling snow, doing laundry, having a few of beers whilst cooking & eating my supper, watching a movie & then it'll be bedtime. Not terribly exciting, but it's a day.
Regards, GF.

I ran the hound last knight, and will likely do it again tonight if this mild weather holds. I think a good breakfast is in order this morning. Maybe an omelette or some french toast. :) I have to rack my Pilsner and get it into the fridge sometime today. Other than that, R&R is what I'll be doing.

Have a great day, no matter what it brings!

I'm in the middle of brewing the Left Hand Milk Stout clone recipe here on HBT right now. Woke up at 5AM to brew. Missed my mash temp by 5 degrees on the high side initially, and then 5 degrees on the low side after adding more water. Live and learn, I guess. Hopefully it'll still be beer in a few weeks. :)

Sitting here watching the air lock in my OneDerBrew thump away as the Holiday Ale ferments. Oh Yeah and the Mythbusters mega-marathon with Holly. Tick,Tick,Tick,Tick,Tick,Tick

I'm in the middle of brewing the Left Hand Milk Stout clone recipe here on HBT right now. Woke up at 5AM to brew. Missed my mash temp by 5 degrees on the high side initially, and then 5 degrees on the low side after adding more water. Live and learn, I guess. Hopefully it'll still be beer in a few weeks. :)

More important that missing is why did you miss. Write down the answer and refer back on your next brew day.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Been up since midnight. I'm still trying to get used to working third shift. So, at least the small chores around the house I've been putting off have been getting done. I think the odd hours are starting to get to my wife, though.

Later on going grocery shopping with the family. It's how we relax around here. Then making some steaks for lunch / supper and getting in a nap, hopefully.

More important that missing is why did you miss. Write down the answer and refer back on your next brew day.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

True that! It's already in my notes (Evernote). I hit 161 degrees initially and then added back a whole gallon of room temp water. Big mistake. I should have taken it slow and added it gradually to get to 154. I was really pissed at myself for doing that. Really pissed. I got over it and moved on, though. It didn't kill me, so no big deal, huh? :mug:

Latest posts

Back