Fv13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChugachBrewing

Reaction score
Allagash FV13 just released today. Get it while you can, it's amazing. One of the few commercial sours I truly think is worth the $$.

ChugachBrewing said:
Allagash FV13 just released today. Get it while you can, it's amazing. One of the few commercial sours I truly think is worth the $$.

What'd it cost at the brewery? I'm excited that this beer is going out and isn't a brewery only release. Called my bottle shop last week and they hadn't heard of it yet. Went in today and was told it will be in this week and they will hold two bottles for me. I'm hoping its under $15 since its a split bottle, but considering it spent 4 years in the foudre, I'll be getting it either way. Check the promo video from Allagash if you haven't yet. Labels are made on a vintage press even. Very, very cool.

I had it off the keg and remember it being great. The bottle was good too. however both my wife and I noted that it had very similar flavor profile (although a bit smoother) to a beer I have downstairs in a french oak barrel thats 8 months in. Considering my barrel will produce close to 600 -12 oz bottles, I'm going to wait it out rather than buy more FV13...

I had it off the keg and remember it being great. The bottle was good too. however both my wife and I noted that it had very similar flavor profile (although a bit smoother) to a beer I have downstairs in a french oak barrel thats 8 months in. Considering my barrel will produce close to 600 -12 oz bottles, I'm going to wait it out rather than buy more FV13...

Whens the release?? Would you trade some of those?
Tried to get Fv13 and one place wanted 28$, thinking about actually buying it now....
Sounds like a nice bottling day if you dont have a bottling line lol

Release was Feb... Its a spendy bottle thats for sure. What you got (sour) that you'd want to trade?

This was an OUTSTANDING sour. The big oak nose was fantastic!

Back