What is going on here?(Kegging issue)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasdadhockey

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from a 3 way manifold to a 6 way manifold so I can keep all 6 kegs in the fridge on gas. At the same time that I upgraded, i put two newly filled kegs of ESB in there to carb up, using the set it and forget it method. About a week later, I pulled the handle to pour a glass of Smoky nut brown ale, and it was flat. Dead flat. It had been fully carbed for over a month, and I had been happily enjoying it..., now it's flat. Wierd, I thought, but no big deal. I checked all the fittings, fully pressurized, no leaks, nothing.
I pulled the relief valve, HISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!, let it go and heard the keg filling back up with CO2. OK.
Fast forward a week. I wanted to see if the keg of nut brown had carbed back up, so I changed the hoses around(only have 3 taps), and poured a pint. Nicely carbed, however, my beautifully colored nut brown ale is now pouring a slightly less than amber color. I tasted it, and it tastes very watered down, with no nose at all. I poured a pint from the other keg of nut brown that i had in there, and it was normal..., brown color, smoky malty nose, nice flavor. What the hell happened to the other keg?????? I have no answer for this one. Anybody have a possible answer?
Just some information, 2 of the kegs contain the nut brown ale, 2 contain the ESB, 1 contains a black IPA, and 1 contains a hefeweizen with a noticeable off flavor of buttered popcorn.
Please help.

Just a guess, but do you have check valves? If not I have heard of liquid mixing between kegs or being sucked into the regulator. Or maybe you have one or two defective valves.

Back