Google maps streetview

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
This may or may not be new, but a co-worker just pointed it out to me. If you go to google maps, and searchfor a location, then on the resulting map, click "Street View" and the road turns blue, you can click on the street and see real 360 degree shots (photos) of the area. It is kind of sick! It appears to only be in a beta mode and very few areas have the new feature, but here is a link to my development, which is covered if you want to check it out:

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=88+Louis+James+Ct,+Aston,+PA+19014,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title[/ame]

Also, if you look at a map of the US, and click the street views button you can see th main areas that have the feature, then zoom in to be specific. I took a tour of the vagas strip this morning.

Figured it was worth posting.

If you check out some of the shots you can tell that this was done by a truck/van and then all the shots were stitched together. Crazy amount of time to do this.

Yes, they do it with a vehicle, from what I heard on a radio bit a while ago.

People reported sightings of a VW bug with some weird device on top.. can't recall details.

You can click an drag on the picture. If you look directly down you can see the actual vehicle. Actually, in one shot in front of my home, if you look down you can see the driver's arm out the window getting a farmer tan.

going to revive an old one instead of starting a new one. Been bored at work today. Kind of neat.
rogue.bmp

I looked up the company that supplies the shots for google, as they don't do it themselves. They're actually looking for drivers all over the country.

I've wasted hours and hours on this over the past year or so.

Once they actually post it here (Albany, OR) I think I'll be on it a couple times.

Saw what I'm pretty sure was the google maps truck pass me a couple times this summer while I was interning as a surveyor...

So we all know what I'll be doing at work when bored once streetview goes live in my area...

I looked up the company that supplies the shots for google, as they don't do it themselves. They're actually looking for drivers all over the country.

I've wasted hours and hours on this over the past year or so.

What company, please?

Also, it works in my neighborhood too.

closest it goes to my place is on the interstate over the hill from my house, I know we'll never get more than that!

going to revive an old one instead of starting a new one. Been bored at work today. Kind of neat.
rogue.bmp

Seems like only yesterday I was there. Oh wait, I was! Me and TwoHeadsBrewing, that is.

My new house doesn't show up correctly. Since the garage is behind the house and points onto that street, google maps thinks my house is actually there. OK for some kinda security (I guess) in case plumpy mcpsycho ever tried to google me again.

Closest thing to my house:

[ame=http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.786379,-76.908417&spn=0,359.382019&z=11&layer=c&cbll=39.720629,-76.84163&panoid=WodGEWj1JdFH6tcxa91V8w&cbp=12,237.78150391310461,,0,27.500000000000004]Google Maps[/ame]

Mason-Dixon line. You can see where the road gets better. :p

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=&jsv=139e&sll=39.840358,-75.433931&sspn=0.007447,0.013819&g=88+Louis+James+Ct,+Aston,+PA+19014,+USA&ie=UTF8&geocode=FcrMjgId83Lj-g[/ame]

With what looks like a white pole in the front yard.

Back