Force Carb Aging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rimfire

Reaction score
Did an amber ale, 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary, force carbed in corny for 5-7 days. Tastes one dimensional at first, but rounds out significantly after 10-14 days. Why does it get better after aging in the corny? I would think it would round out completely in the secondary.

Your last pull of beer will always taste the best. That is one of the reasons it is suggested you let your beer bottle condition for at least 3 weeks. You basically brewed a beer and conditioned for less than one week. It's still green. I don't use kegging as a short cut.....more because I hate bottling beer.

Your last pull of beer will always taste the best. That is one of the reasons it is suggested you let your beer bottle condition for at least 3 weeks. You basically brewed a beer and conditioned for less than one week. It's still green. I don't use kegging as a short cut.....more because I hate bottling beer.

So the aging does not begin in the secondary - but rather the keg or bottle (even after 2-3 weeks in a secondary)? Thanks

So the aging does not begin in the secondary - but rather the keg or bottle (even after 2-3 weeks in a secondary)? Thanks

No, aging starts when fermentation finishes. Beer ages more slowly at cooler temperatures, though. A 4 week old beer is a 4 week old beer, carbonated or not.

Latest posts

Back