Forgot my final hop addition........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
made a pilsner urquell clone on sunday, and hit everything dead on the money. At the last minute I realized that the hoses on my immersion cooler were hitting the pot and melting, and completely forgot to add my final hop addition.

Schedule was as follows:

2oz cluster @ 60
1.5 oz saaz @ 15
1.9oz saaz @ flameout (the forgotten one).

should i just get some whole leaf saaz & dry hop, or just not worry about it. by the time I caught my mistake the wort was cooled and I didn't want to risk an infection.

I'd let it go. It will probably taste fantastic. Dry hopping a pilsner urquell clone seems a bit wrong.

I'd let it go. It will probably taste fantastic. Dry hopping a pilsner urquell clone seems a bit wrong.

Agreed. I personally wouldn't put more than 1/2 oz of hops in for aroma. I typically will use 1/4 oz, and this at 5 min. This is if I want to nail the clone. If you want more hop aroma, then go for it.

any other beer, I'd say go for it and dry hop... but I would just skip it for this one, I am sure it will turn out great!

Back