Not able to bottle whole batch in same day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezemm

Reaction score
Well, this blasted work:mad: thing got in the way midway through the bottling process! I had just finished up my 1st case of bottles and then had to leave the house and am still away!

Do I have cause for concern if I only got to bottle one half of the 5 gallon batch? I'm worried about the introduction of the "air" that is most likely sitting on top of my fermented beer. Airlock is full with vodka, but if it's ruined I'm going to be madder than a (insert whatever phrase you'd like to here)

I would be concerned that the priming sugar in the unbottled beer has been/is being eaten up and you will need to add more. To be sure, I would give it a few days to make sure it's all been eaten and add more.

:eek:I forgot to mention that I am bottling straight from my primary using carbonation drops. I have not mixed in any priming sugar, I was more concerned about any potential infection with the new oxygen sitting on top of the beer. :eek:

:eek:I forgot to mention that I am bottling straight from my primary using carbonation drops. I have not mixed in any priming sugar, I was more concerned about any potential infection with the new oxygen sitting on top of the beer. :eek:

Well, you should not have any risk of infection, but the oxygen may or may not be an issue. Probably not, but bottle when you can and don't worry about it.

Oh, well if you are using carbonation drops added to each bottle, ignore my previous statement.

once they carb up, keeping them cold will slow any oxidation effects that might or might not have come into play.

more often than not, I find that beer is usually 'ok' or at least 'fixable'.

Back