Party Pig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deebee

Reaction score
Hi,
These look really interesteing, and fun too.

Does anyone know if they send overseas?

Or does anyone have any the maybe are interested in selling+

Thanks

D

I don't know about anyone selling it commercially overseas, but I won one at a competition and have never used it nor can I see I ever would.

What is the attraction?

Limited spce , and the fact the cornis in norway are like 250 USD for a used one plus all the othe rbits.

If you are interested in selling maybe we can take it to PM?

Thakns

The better idea for you may be to find some of the german mini-kegs, I know spatan and franzser has one and I'd figure they'd be more common over there than here. anyway, it's a 5L keg that looks like a big aluminium can, that contains it's own gravity tap built in. I've re-used them many times, they are cheaper, and more resuable than the party pigs, which require a special priming solution, or pack, or something like that. There's plenty of threads on the germain 5L mini-kegs, do a search and you should find plenty of info.

The better idea for you may be to find some of the german mini-kegs, I know spatan and franzser has one and I'd figure they'd be more common over there than here. anyway, it's a 5L keg that looks like a big aluminium can, that contains it's own gravity tap built in. I've re-used them many times, they are cheaper, and more resuable than the party pigs, which require a special priming solution, or pack, or something like that. There's plenty of threads on the germain 5L mini-kegs, do a search and you should find plenty of info.

I have been looking for these kegs . Hve ben tld that they need ingress of air after a few beers are drawn in order to enable flow.
They have heineken here but these things are way expensive. These will sell for 375 NOK here so at todays exchange rae we are looking at around the 75-80 USD a piece and then you have to drink the muck inside:confused:

I have a few mini kegs thugh but even these are the best part of 20 USD per plain keg and the gas tap that goes on top is almost 100USD 8 thats the worst thing about living here... the prces)
So if anyone can help me find these gravity tap kegs of which you speak then let me know please.

Thanks

The web site doesn't specifically say that they ship outside the U.S. but you can e-mail them here and ask:

https://www.partypig.com/email.html

I used the party pig about 3-4 times before I went to kegging. I would "pig" (keg) 2.25 gallons and then bottle the rest. Its an ok system but if you brew often its not that practical. Sometimes it has problems holding the pressure (possibly due to the ingredients in the pouch being old?) Also you have to get the priming sugar exactly right or else it will foam when pouring. Other than that it does work ok and I kept the beer cold and drinkable for at least 2 months.

beergeek.stores.yahoo.net/5literkegcans.html

Anything that looks like these is a gravity tap, I'm sure you can track down some place in germany that'd ship to you, you're still in the EU after all.

Edit: the link's acting retarded, if doesn't work, check "reason for editing)

Sadly Norway is not in the EU, and any package that comes in from abroad (including Germany) that is worth more than 200kr (about 25 usd) gets import taxes added again.

I feel Deebee's pain.

I was unaware of that, that's lame! although the mini-kegs should sell for less than 25USD, I know I get them (as an import from germany) for about 20USD, so it'd be cutting it tight, but could be possible.

I was unaware of that, that's lame! although the mini-kegs should sell for less than 25USD, I know I get them (as an import from germany) for about 20USD, so it'd be cutting it tight, but could be possible.

Some people are great in that they reduce the amount on the packaging so that we do not get the import tax.

Where do you get yours from and do you have to buy a minimum amount:mug:

Vin Og Bar

Might be interesting? Is 3 5l minikegs, a tapping system and some Co2 canisters to get you going. Probably next thing on my shopping list.

Vin Og Bar

Might be interesting? Is 3 5l minikegs, a tapping system and some Co2 canisters to get you going. Probably next thing on my shopping list.

Hi. I already have 8 of these kegs.

As a rule you need to buy an additional 2 kegs in order to get a full brew in them ( 25 l)

These are really good, but leave you with a problem, once you start a keg with the tapping system ( which is actually very good if the truth is known), it has to stay on the keg until the keg is empty.

This means that if you have 2 different brews you need an extra tap as well and at 369nok plus postage and oppkrav, it makes it very expensive.

The pig takes almost 10 liters which is fantastic for shorter brews like stout etc.

As a rule i have 3 different types of beers on, a standard pale ale, something a little stronger with more hops, and a stout.

At the moment there is 1 batch in bottles which are firstly a PITA to clean out, secondly take an awful lot of space and lastly take a long time to cap.

I have a mini corny for the final batch ( stout) which is a nice size.

I just think the pig would be an ok alternative.

Back