What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405648490.876304.jpg
Cheers!

Water at the moments. Need a break after a bomber of 12.5% Barleywine. I'm no trend hop fanboy (is this even still a trendy hop?) but a pound and a half of Citra (1lb of which was wet hops) still plenty apparent 2 years later says something.

I'll probably have one more before bed. Just not sure what. I'm thinking my Weizenbock. Or a Bluebird Bitter. Can't go wrong with the Bluebird.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405650472.281317.jpg
Terrible. They should be ashamed of themselves calling this steaming pile of feces a Berliner Weisse

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout. I'm at my parents' and it is the only beer they have in the fridge that nobody else will drink. No idea why they have it but I'm not complaining ;)

Nice, you better not walk out with that glass by accident. ;)

I did walk out with it. In exchange for money, though.
Here's my small haul for today. Not pictured is a mystery item from 3 Floyds for DisturbdChemist. I want to keep him guessing as to what it is. :p
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405651970.591763.jpg
And did an ip trade with Absoluthamm. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405652037.218964.jpg

Finally home from work. Enjoying one of the many beers mhurst111 sent me today.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405657506.684058.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well, I didn't think I was going to pop one open tonight, but I'm celebrating some good news. A water tower that has been in my town since around 1966 or '67 was going to be demolished in about another year. The tower looms over the Cary Senior High School football field and seniors started climbing it and writing the graduating class year on the tower. After a couple of decades, the fire dept. took on painting it to stop the dangerous ritual by high school students. My sisters, my brother, myself and my oldest daughter have had our years up there. It's a big tradition and we didn't want to lose it. I riled up some folks on a Facebook page and a woman took the ball and ran with it...set up a petition that got well over 2000 signatures, attended meetings and organized stuff. The town responded by commissioning a study. A year later, the study comes back saying the best option was to keep the tower! The town council voted unanimously tonight to accept that recommendation! Victory!!! I'm way in the background on this...most don't even know that I kind of kicked it off. But I know. I even got a local well-known artist to draw the tower and sell prints that he could customize the year on...I have the original you see in the photo with the artist, Jerry Miller (Not related). So, cheers! We saved our tradition!

Celebrating with a Strawberry blonde bottled on 3/15/14...The carb has improved, the head softened and the lacing is nice. I wasn't impressed originally and it was a bit of a hassle, but it's really good now!

IMAG1856.jpg

DSC05082.jpg

Killing off the English bitter in this camp pack while mulling over some logistics of my new commute. Got some goodies at a shop on the way home to help smooth over some traffic discontent

1405658467688.jpg

Ugh, that phrase makes me cringe every time I hear it at work. Texas-speak..

Haha! It makes me cringe now that you pointed out that I actually typed that. What can I say, I'm a Texan. No matter how hard I try, some of those phrases will slip through.

Happy Friday to ya you guys. There are some nice beers boppin' around here in the last couple of days. Drinking water... Can't wait for later.

Latest posts

Back