american ale (1056) dry yeast ferment temp ranges?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppedup

Reaction score
from forum searching, i see it mentioned for some ale yeasts to be ok at 70-74F ferment temps, altho best to be lower.

any specific details on acceptable range for the american ale 1056 dried yeast? i can probbaly keep it at 70F in the basement, but if there is no benefeit or possibility of issues at 74F, id feel alot better, cause when i go to work for the day i usually turn up the 'stat a bit.

ive seen Safale56 mentioned in some of the posts i read, so im guessing the 1056 is pretty much the same yeast?

74 will be ok, but 70 will be better...
generally you are looking at a cleaner, smoother better tasting beer if you stay near the bottom of the suggested temperature range for the yeast. I would leave the temp set at 70 for the week it is in the primary, if possible.

awesome, thanks man. i probbaly shoulda done more searching before posting, cause i found the specs on the US #56 listed on most beer sites has 74F as the top of the range, which id rather not dangle on. :)

Latest posts

Back