What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coke. Need to drive Mama Hello around. Thinking Sunday will be brew day too.

Mama and Grandmama Remmy are here. We're making relleno de papa with homemade sofrito. I need another floccing drink.

Need to find some time to brew with @nukebrewer.

I think I've perfected my Olde English 800 clone recipe.

Hell yeah! I've got a Heady clone recipe that's been sitting around here for a while. Can't brew it by myself with only one good arm. Maybe I can come up there next weekend and we can brew it along with your OE 800 clone.

Hell yeah! I've got a Heady clone recipe that's been sitting around here for a while. Can't brew it by myself with only one good arm. Maybe I can come up there next weekend and we can brew it along with your OE 800 clone.

I'm around next Sunday for sure!!!

I'm around next Sunday for sure!!!

I'll text you next week to work out the deets.

Now drinking a beer I picked while I was touring Remmy's local breweries. It is presumably a brett braggot, but I don't get much of what I would call a mead character to it. There's a faint flavor of honey, but it's supposed to have a more noticeable mead character. I also get hardly any brett character, but that's more likely due to it's age; it's only been in the bottle for ~3 months. I have another bottle that I'll be aging for much longer to let the brett character develop. I think most of the problems (and by problems I just mean that I don't think it's a true braggot) stem from the fact they took what was originally supposed to be a brown ale and tried to turn it into a braggot instead of designing it as a braggot to begin with. Now, having said that, I'm still quite enjoying it and I can imagine it being just as good or better with more brett character.

CameraZOOM-20141128144405902.jpg

I just bought that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm not sure why your buying beer right now. ;)

Does it taste like a stout? I'd love to trick some narrow minded friends whose noses crinkle at the sight of the darkness of a stout.

There is some roasted notes and coffee but I would call it stout light. Definitely a good gateway beer for people who say they don't like stout.

I'm not sure why your buying beer right now. ;)

There is some roasted notes and coffee but I would call it stout light. Definitely a good gateway beer for people who say they don't like stout.

Because I was walking through a beer store looking at your untapped!

Really just trying to score some bcbs, but had to "settle" for backwoods bastard.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Totally non-beer related: anyone ever have a natural fireplace converted to gas? Rough price? Mine is a bit complicated, but I'm just looking for ballpark.

Latest posts

Back