anybody have hop rhizomes for sale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gremlin

Reaction score
i got me some xmas cash, and decided to buy hop rhizomes. every homebrew place is sold out! do you think anybody will have some for sale in the spring? does anybody here have a few they could part with?

i planted some seeds last spring and they grew really good, maybe i'll be able to harvest something next fall. but i have lots of fences and trellises, and want to increase my output. hopefully someday i'll get enough extra to sell some to ya'll. i'm going to build a pergola for my wife, which is just an excuse for another structure to grow hops on! but i need those rhizomes!

any help? and yes, i'm a hop head, and i'm dying to brew a highly hopped beer with hops i've grown. i'll take any variety at this point, i just want to get going.

barrett

gremlin said:
i got me some xmas cash, and decided to buy hop rhizomes. every homebrew place is sold out! do you think anybody will have some for sale in the spring? does anybody here have a few they could part with?

i planted some seeds last spring and they grew really good, maybe i'll be able to harvest something next fall. but i have lots of fences and trellises, and want to increase my output. hopefully someday i'll get enough extra to sell some to ya'll. i'm going to build a pergola for my wife, which is just an excuse for another structure to grow hops on! but i need those rhizomes!

any help? and yes, i'm a hop head, and i'm dying to brew a highly hopped beer with hops i've grown. i'll take any variety at this point, i just want to get going.

barrett

http://freshops.com/rhizinfo.html

Barrett,
You probably want to wait until Spring. In the meantime, buy an HBT membership and then give me a shout in March. I will hook you up with some Nugget rhizomes, no charge. HBT membership has its privileges.

Hop rhizomes are not available this time of year. If you tried to transplant them they would die. You'll be able to order in about two months.

I'm looking to plant some this spring. Any idea which one's would grow well in the Austin, Texas area?

Latest posts

Back