Good literature on the subject?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SudsItUp

Reaction score
This question may have already been asked (If so, thread?) but what would be some recomended literature on brewing? History, style, recipies, etc.

I'm sure the topic has been covered elsewhere, but I purchased a copy of Palmer's "How to Brew" and so far it has been very informative. I know there is an older/simpler/free version online. I initially went there and, since it was helpful, decided to support the author by picking up the latest bound edition. I haven't had a chance to look at Papazian's book, "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing." Seems like he was one of the early pioneers and a lot of people recommend it. Although, I understand some of the information is not as up to date as it could be.

It has been talked about in great length. I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you to use the search function.

My personal favorites are:
"The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" by Charles Papazian (all you need to start)
"The Homebrewers Companion" by Charles Papazian (more technical)
"How to Brew" by John Palmer (all you need to start)
"Designing Great Beers" by Ray Daniels (excellent for understanding styles)
"Brewing Classic Styles" - by Jamil Zainasheff & John Palmer (excellent for understanding styles)

"Brew Your Own" and "Zymurgy" are excellent magazines on the subject as well...

Awesome, thanks for the info.

P.S. Don't I feel stupid, until it was mentioned, I never noticed the search function.

On beer history this is an amazing book...

1463.jpg

I read "Radical Brewing" by Randy Mosher and was amazed with the history of beer and other fermented beverages.

Latest posts

Back