For all you 10 gal brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primevci

Reaction score
How do you store it.. do you just load it into two corny kegs or do you bottle half and keg half? was jsut wondering since my setup will allow me to do 10gal brews....

I just use 2 kegs. I hate to bottle, but if I need/want to I can use my beer gun to do a quick sixer. I have a pretty good pipeline so my beers rarely go straight from the fermenter to the keezer anyway. I store the kegs in my basement.

pipe.jpg

I keg all my beers. I HATE bottling.

Sometimes I make an 11 gallon batch, so I fill one 5 gallon and two 3 gallon kegs. (I have a small kegerator for 3 gallon kegs at my lake cottage). Mostly, I make 10.5 gallon batches so I end up with 10 gallons in the kegs.

Ive been leaving the second 5 gallons in primary until the first keg is kicked. This works ok but i hate having to wait 2 to 3 weeks after i keg it for it to get fully carbed and settle in to its optimal flavor. I think im going to pick up a couple more kegs and start priming with corn sugar so the beer is ready to drink as soon as theres room in the keezer.

I use corny kegs for ferm and storing the product.

I am going to go with 1/4 slims soon. They hold 7.5 gallons .

Back