What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am i the only schmuck who still uses an IC? Thinkin about investing in the plate chiller and pump. Will cost $$ up front but will save water and time in the long run.

image-408558164.jpg

Am i the only schmuck who still uses an IC? Thinkin about investing in the plate chiller and pump. Will cost $$ up front but will save water and time in the long run.

Nope. I've got a 50' 1/2" IC and 25' 3/8" pre-chiller. I've got an ice machine (me with 50 ice cube trays and a freezer). I'd like to get a pump to save on water, but it's not that bad now.

Nope. I've got a 50' 1/2" IC and 25' 3/8" pre-chiller. I've got an ice machine (me with 50 ice cube trays and a freezer). I'd like to get a pump to save on water, but it's not that bad now.

Yup ice bath from my "ice machine" is what I use

TNGabe said:

Alright i dont feel so bad then from
What ive read and seen both of you gents brew some quality beer.

Drinkin some more southern tier could go for some oak aged as ive heard its head and shoulders above the regular ipa. But this is suitong me just fine for now. I am feeling pretty "smashed" at this point. :mug:

Dave37 said:

Nope. I thought I was. ;)

Arrogant Bastard . Very tasty . Lots of hops . Drinking from the bottle so not getting the aroma really . Has a strong bitter aftertaste . If not for that i would really like this beer.
Tried for a Oak Arrogant bastard but they did not have any .

I really appreciate one of my coworkers picking up some local beers while on business in Virginia, but I really hope VA residents have better beer to choose from than this.

IMG-20130802-00012.jpg

Dave1096 said:
I really appreciate one of my coworkers picking up some local beers while on business in Virginia, but I really hope VA residents have better beer to choose from than this.

Lost rhino, port city,and blue mountain are much better representatives of Virginia

It's a bit misleading, but nonetheless tasty.

It sort of has the taste of Torani White Chocolate syrup, but it doesn't have any characteristics of a stout whatsoever. I still enjoy it, but I wish it would have the mouth-feel of a stout, as I was led to believe.

NIZZLE said:
I'll try that marshall zhukov's some day ;-)

I only have one available to trade and one person contacted me 2 days before you did. I did already contact the other person, as soon as I find out if he is still interested or not, I will let you know. This beer sold out on the first day at the brewery and if the local bottle shops got any, it was 1 case with bottle limits. The good news is,my local is supposed to get another case next week, if that happens, you will get yours without having to "MAW" it, and one bottle will be the prize to the winner of the fantasy football league (if I get 2 more).

I only have one available to trade and one person contacted me 2 days before you did. I did already contact the other person, as soon as I find out if he is still interested or not, I will let you know. This beer sold out on the first day at the brewery and if the local bottle shops got any, it was 1 case with bottle limits. The good news is,my local is supposed to get another case next week, if that happens, you will get yours without having to "MAW" it, and one bottle will be the prize to the winner of the fantasy football league (if I get 2 more).

Ok cool thanks

Back