home buying bonus...look what i found

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
so i bought a house from a guy that used to make wine. i saw a bunch of the stuff in the basement when i went to look at the house. almost all of his wine stuff was taken with him but he left this out back for me the day of settlement.

photo.jpg

i havent checked to see how much it will hold yet, but i know its way more than 5 gallons. double batch maybe?

there was also an old record player. the only date on it says 1901. it still works. i bet its worth a pretty penny

yea, probably wont happen. i just did some research, the brand makes some real rare ones, but this model is one of the more common ones. valued from only $75-$300 depending on condition.

but it is an awesome fermenter i got out of the deal

You're complaining that it's only worth $75-$300?

And you paid WHAT for it? ZERO. Sounds like some nice $$ if you ask me.

Step 1: Buy House and have previous owner leave vintage record player
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit.

the only reason i'm complaining is because when we were first looking up old record players my friend found one from the same brand worth over $2000 and i just assumed this one would be too.

Congrats on the new house - hope you have lots of space for brewing!

15 gallons in a glass carboy has to be a bear to move around... don't drop it! 120+ lbs of mayhem...

i was thinking about making some kind of rack for it next to the wash sink in the basement. that way i wont ever have to move it. i can get water into to clean it, and then syphon out of it, and to fill it with wort i can use a funnel and ale pails to do the transferring from my BK

i could even make the rack dump to make it easier to clean

so being 15 gallons, i can now do double batches. that should be plenty of room for head space of a 10 gal batch, right?

maybe i'll primary in 5 ale pails and then secondary together in this thing.

Latest posts

Back