What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gearing up for a BBQ on Sunday and setting the lineup.

1400633930353.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400634673.455746.jpg

It's going to be a shame when this 4-pack is done. 2/4

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Surprising personal stat: I really watched what I was eating/drinking for 6 weeks before I went on vacation in April (but did not increase physical activity). I dropped about 15 lbs. (from 190-ish down to 175-ish). I was a hog on vacation and gained back 5 lbs. in 13 days.

Since being back from vacation, I have been eating like shiznit and drinking lots of beers. I weighed in today...I'm still where I was when I got back from vacation...10 lbs. lighter than in February. Odd.

I was given this for one of my bottle openers, should I drink it or sit on it awhile longer? It was bottled 10-13-11

Drink that!

I'm a homer! Packing up some treats for a trade and really enjoying SandstoneCityBrew's ipa. It's really good dude and thank you! The more homebrew I try from HBT members the more I realize I have a ways to go!
This is a great beer!

Woo! Picked up a couple more from TX for you today.

I thought it was your turn?
First commercial brew I had in a few days and it's a good one, I bet it gets better as it warms.

I have to give that another shot. The one time I bought it (4 pack), I liked it but thought I'd had better for less $. Need to try it again to see if it was my attitude that week or that batch, etc. It was good, just not as good as I expected

I have to give that another shot. The one time I bought it (4 pack), I liked it but thought I'd had better for less $. Need to try it again to see if it was my attitude that week or that batch, etc. It was good, just not as good as I expected

Could it be better for the money? Yes, but it is tasty, the rest of the 4 pack may have to go to the cellar till it's stout season again;)

Could it be better for the money? Yes, but it is tasty, the rest of the 4 pack may have to go to the cellar till it's stout season again;)

I think I also drank it around the same time that I had Marshal Zhukov and Boulevard Smoke Stack RIS...free. May have tainted my perspective.

Getting down to my last 4 or 5 of my hb Citra Citrus American Wheat. It's still a little carby, but a careful pour results in a fluffy head that settles to a surface covering layer. A little swirl to knock out a few bubbles and this beer is still just a damn skippy drink. I'll need to do a BIAB all-grain version with a tweak or two for this Summer!

DSC04778.jpg

What ya bottling?

I'm gonna bottle the other gallon or so of a blue moon clone (kegged the other 5 gallons). That was a strawberry blonde that I was racking to tertiary. Got too lazy and didn't do it last weekend like I planned.

Maybe another apfelwein while bottling. Smacked as Remmy would say.

Had my first KBS tonight at a local restaurant that finally got a keg in, I missed on buying the 4 packs this year, never had it before and while good and bourbon heavy the hype definitely is bigger than the beer. Now home in the garage with a stogie I'm drinking a Dark Horse Plead the 5th RIS and it is just as good personally, in fact I really like Founders Imperial Stout too and both are readily available as opposed to the KBS. Glad I got to try it but it didn't blow me away. JMHO.

Damn. Left the valve open on the bottling bucket. Wasted a bunch of time unnecessarily.
Apfelwein with some steak pizza on a tortilla to mourn the loss.

Back