Clarity Ferm in 1 Gal.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradleyMcKee

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

To make a long story short I got out of home brewing when I went to grad school and after getting out I found out that I am cursed with a gluten sensitivity. Rather than paying the ridiculous prices for gluten free beer I wanted to put this hobby back to work and produce my own GF beer.

I live in a tiny NYC apartment and can really only afford enough space to do 1 gal. batches, recently out of grad school remember. And I want to use clarity ferm to help clarify my beer as well as reduce the gluten found in the beer. My question is can I still use the entire vial in a 1 gal batch or do I need to measure it out and split one vial between 5 different batches?

I have been searching around trying to find an answer to this so if I happened to miss a thread that deals with this just point me in the right direction.

Thanks

There's another thread in this sub-forum about buying Clarity Firm in a bulk container and storing it for several batches. White Labs said this was ok. Using this logic, you can scale down and use your vial for 5 different 1 gallon batches and save a few bucks.

I've been using about a fourth of a vial for each 1 gallon batch. My wife, who is gluten intolerant, has not had a negative reaction yet to the few she's tried (knock on wood). I'm obviously not qualified to make any sort of medical diagnosis/recommendation, but splitting it has worked for us so far.

Back