A four batch day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
Hey all! Intending to do a four batch day today. Just mashed in at 7:20est for the first batch. i'm making: 11 gal Centennial wheat, 6 gal Amarillo IPA, 11 gal Amarillo/Citra PA, and 6 gal of an ESB, all my recipes. The hitch is I have to be done and cleaned up by 7pm for a poker night here at the house. Wish me luck!
tom

Geez. Good luck. Most I've done on a day was a partigyle, or brewed a batch and bottled 2 during the same time.

Just remember on batch 4 to pitch the yeast before you collapse from exhaustion.:mug:

Thanks guys! Going smooth so far. 10 minutes left on the batch sparge for the first batch, grains crushed and hops weighed for the second. I'll keep updating as I go if you all are interested.
tom

Not like you don't have enough to do, but;

pictures.jpg

:D

if you can tell me how to do a live video, I could. I have a webcam on this laptop. Hopefully, no disasters ;)

Any idea how to get a link with the channel in it? I can't seem to find it.

Update on the process, minor didsaster, if you want to call it that. Forgot to tighten the cap on the iodine and spilled a bit on the table. So far: first batch boiling with about 20 mins to go, second batch mashing with about 30 minutes to go, grains crushed and hops weighed for the third batch.

good to know! first batch done and in the fermenter, second sparging at the moment. I think I'm only going to get three in but we'll see. If I had one more keggle I'd be good to go.

Worthless without smell-o-vision!

You should be fine with all 4 batches as long as you wait until batch #4 to start drinking...

nope, cracked the first beer at 8:20am! We are pacing ourselves though. Mash tun is a heg as well. you'll see it in a bit here. hope to be doughing in in about 25 minutes.

Yuengling clone?? Why waste your time?! For those of you watching, just doughed in the third batch. Somehow missed my temps big time. got it under control now.

Wow, I did two 10-gallon batches last sunday and it just about killed me, didn't help that it was 90* and sunny as hell. Took me about 8 hours. Only 1 burner though.

Err, maybe he likes brewing?

sorry dude, I was just joking around. Everyone has their own tastes. Meant to type in a "j/k", but got side tracked. Also just partially fell in a pool if any of you are wondering why I am now wet/soaked.

The whole reason I brewed that Pottsville Common recipe to begin with was just to see if I could get close on my own. I sometimes brew styles that aren't my favorite just to see if I can.

Four of us did 2 batches each in a day for a whiskey barrel we got from Stranahan's Distillery. That was a crazy day. We had four burners going strong for a long time.

Good luck!

skee- did you brew it yet? If so, how close was it? if it was off a bit, I can ship you the water they use (Schuylkill River water) and it would be spot on!

Back