Conical Heads Up in Houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hell Brew

Reaction score
Just perusing craigslist and spotted this. I would scoop it up in a heartbeat if I had the funds.
Conical
011501010211010308200806160444844bbef2cda27e00fe09.jpg

:mug:

I think $300 is too much for a 7 gal. the ad does say "obo". offer $200 and come up to $225 max. otherwise wait for a 12 or 14.5 gal and pay $350.

I think $300 is too much for a 7 gal. the ad does say "obo". offer $200 and come up to $225 max. otherwise wait for a 12 or 14.5 gal and pay $350.

Where can you find 12 gallon ss conicals for $350? I have been looking for deals and I have had zero luck.

No where that I know of for new ones. You don't pay full price for used items on craig's list though.

It says that it was never used, and it looks like one of the Morebeer conicals which go for over $500 new. I think $300 is a very good deal. Plus no shipping.

It says that it was never used, and it looks like one of the Morebeer conicals which go for over $500 new. I think $300 is a very good deal. Plus no shipping.

I read that too and did a quick retail search and saw the same prices as you did. A 40% discount is pretty damn good, i would make sure that it was not used. If it is brand new I would jump on it and like you said no shipping costs is more of a plus.

It never hurts to offer less. It's Craig's List standard operating procedure. People expect to negotiate, and if you read the listing, the person specifically said "OBO". He is obviously willing to take less that $300, so if you don't make a lower offer, you are missing a chance for a better deal.

thats the same one I have. Only problem I had with was the bottom elbo for the ball valve would leak no matter what I did to it.I took it off and mounted the ball valve directly to the nipple and it stopped. I think the threads were messed up on the SS elbo. Mine was never used but I bought it from a private party. I paid a little less than his asking price on this one

Back