Yards Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwmoose152

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed a Yards ESA before? The brew is local to Philly, so if you haven't heard of it, I completely understand. Their website says this (basically nothing):

Crafted from the finest ingredients and originally intended for the cask-ale connoisseur, Extra Special Ale is a robust and hearty amber ale with a malt body and aromatic hop finish.

I'm looking to see if anyone has an extract recipe for this, as I just had the beer for the first time last night, and it was FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks, all!:mug:

Agreed mwmoose152, this is a great beer. Yards just started distributing to Delaware yesterday so I'm looking forward to picking some of this up. My guess for this would be some 2-row, C-60, chocolate malt, and maybe some oats. I'm thinking some EKG and Fuggles and maybe a little citrus (simcoe or cascade) at the end. I'm guessing an English strain is the yeast they use. Like I said just a shot in the dark and it's not extract so this probably is not helpful at all. But I really enjoyed that beer and I look forward to picking some up soon.

I bet if you asked them nicely, they'd give you some hints. They opened a brewpub attached to the plant; stop in some time and see if you can pick someone's brain.

Anyone else chime in here? I emailed the brewery, but no response. Phone call to follow a little later.

Thanks all!

Sorry to bump and oldish thread, but Yards is holding a homebrew competition where they want people to emulate their beers. They did it last year but I missed it. This year they want people to do the ESA, Brawler or the Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale.

Im going to give the ESA a shot, since its a great beer anyway. If it turns out ok maybe I'll enter.

Edit: I dont think they are going to give away recipes atm...due to the event. But Ive emeailed them about the Philly Pale Ale (their best imo) and never got a response.

Latest posts

Back