Pub Crawling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave the Brewer

Reaction score
The SWMBO and myself are using the labor day weekend to stay with some friends in Houston. We are going to do some pub crawling, SWMBO wants to go find some fall brews and Oktoberfests shes never had. We share the passion of drinking good beer (What a hobby!) :mug: Am I going to see any of you out there? What are you doing for Labor Day Weekend? :tank:

I will be spending the holiday weekend getting drunk and waiting on Gustav to show me what he's made of. I went to the store today to stock up some things and thought, "hell, I only need one thing of water. I have 10+ gallons of beer at home and if memory serves me correct beer is mostly water." I ended up walking out of the store with 1 jug of water, some batteries, some cans of chili, candles, and good toilet paper. I remember when Katrina and Rita hit a few years ago I was forced to steal crappy toilet paper from school because you couldn't find it in town anywhere.

Yeah Rita tore us up, couldn't come back to town for a week. I snuck back in after 5 days fighting swarms of misquitos. Since then we have been hit by 1 small hurricane and 1 tropical storm. When the power goes out I tell the SWMBO "well, all we can do it drink beer!" Plus it helps me sleep through 85 - 90 F temps. The thing I worry most about is keeping my fish alive...
Hopefully someone is doing something besides worrying about a hurricane?

Haha, yeah, hopefully people are doing more than worrying about a hurricane, but from the looks of it you might be doing the same if the forecast slips any firther west. I hope your fish come out alright. I lost a bunch of coral when Katrina knocked the power out for a few days. I know how that goes.

Yeah, its gonna be a close one..... I have a battery powered fan, battery powered aerator for tank, a lantern, some flash lights, a lot of batteries. Gas prices have gone up 12 cents since yesterday. Everyone is already freaking out, we always keep our cool until the last minute. We are going to take some extra supplies to Houston, if it hits while we are there, if not we have a lake house to escape to. We will keep you in our prayers if it heads your way.

Back