Would it be wrong for me to punch my mate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrus

Reaction score
Ok... so im not just gonna punch him for no reason...

A mate of mine is heading off to Europe with his SWMBO in about a week... spending 2 months or something over there. Now heres why I wanna punch him. Hes gonna be over there with all these awesome beers... and the bastard just doesnt appreciate the stuff. To him... beer is just something to drink cos its cheap... he doesnt appreciate it.

So yeah... i think he deserves a punching cos he gets to try all this beer and hes not gonna appreciate any of it. Would that be wrong of me?

Chrus

lol he'll probably go over there and still drink Budweiser. I would laugh because he doesn't realize what he is missing.

Ryanh1801 said:
I would give him a list of beers to bring back, then if he does not do this, then punch him.

Good idea... but im pretty sure theres a limit on how much alcohol ya can bring bact to the country.

joshpooh said:
lol he'll probably go over there and still drink Budweiser. I would laugh because he doesn't realize what he is missing.

Dont drink Bud... its not that big down here in Australia... Drink something called VB (Victorian Bitter)... which im pretty sure will be pretty hard to find anywhere in europe. So he might be forced to drink the good stuff... and hes gonna hate it :(

yeah, that was my first thought. bring some beer back! some friends of mine brought some augistiner (sp?) from germany a few years ago.

if not, kick him in the junk

I suggested tonight that he bring me home some beer... he didnt really like the idea of throwing out all his clothes and stuff and filling his suitcase with beer...

Sounds like a weak barstad. He needs to prioritise, beer or clothes. Quite easy.

Chrus said:
Dont drink Bud... its not that big down here in Australia... Drink something called VB (Victorian Bitter)... which im pretty sure will be pretty hard to find anywhere in europe. So he might be forced to drink the good stuff... and hes gonna hate it :(

He deserves a punch for drinking VB on that alone.

Hello from Tassie by the way - the home of cascade - the good stuff! ...well drinkable at least!

dibby33 said:
He deserves a punch for drinking VB on that alone.

Hello from Tassie by the way - the home of cascade - the good stuff! ...well drinkable at least!

I was in Tassie a few weeks ago... visited both cascade and boags. Both awesome beers... but cascade in particular do a lot of good stuff they dont ship to the mainland... really annoying...

yes, cascade do some nice seasonal beers, bit pricey though.
Do you get James Squire (Malt Shovel Brewery) across there? Stunning beers.

I havent had James Squire yet. Not many places sell it up here... well at least i had never seen it... till last week that is. I was thinking of picking up a 6 pack of it... but i decided to go with long necks instead... needed the empty bottles for the home brew... Think i might have to give it a try though...

They (James Squire) do limited releases. The one that is out here just now is called Hop Thief and is stunning! I have been collecting the bottles (not-twist top and they don't look too bad) for my HBs. They are 345ml so will be quite good when I get around to bottle my BeastII (about 9.5% just now and rising!) Got over a 100 of them. Plus the labels just fall off when soaked in hot water - my dream beer. getting thirsty now! May have to buy some on the way home once I finish work.

Perhaps exposure to all those good brews will teach Roomie some beer appreciation?

If not, punch like Judy would.

casebrew said:
Perhaps exposure to all those good brews will teach Roomie some beer appreciation.

I think he'll only come home appreciating VB more... which isnt the goal here...

Hehe; I'll be sitting in Oxford pubs for seven weeks enjoying the beer.

Anyone know a good one in the town?

joshpooh said:

I hope he goes to cologne. Most of those places will dump a beer on your head if you don't order a kolsch.

If he goes to Czech they'll think he means the real budweiser..

Gotta give ya'll an update on this one...

Was msging him and his GF this morning. She said to me ""terry said there r no good beers over here."

Yeah... he's so gonna get a cock-punching when he comes back...

I suppose he's the type that drinks foster's becasue he actually likes the stuff?

Text him and tell him to say "Deutsches Bier ist Scheiße." in order to get the good beer. Then later that night ask hom how many black eyes he has.

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
Text him and tell him to say "Deutsches Bier ist Scheiße." in order to get the good beer. Then later that night ask hom how many black eyes he has.

ROFL! ok... whats that in english? (what lauguage is that, anyway?)

I'd say that you're entitled to a full ass-whooping at this point, he didn't even have the balls to tell you himself. I'd say a few swift kicks in the groin with a steel-toe should do it.

Back