Stout Faucet/Beergas setup help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewNinja1

Reaction score
OK, I just finished a 30 minute search and read session, and cant fine anything! All the links that people point to are broken. Google came up empty too.

I just got a stout faucet and beergas. I set it all up last night, and promptly was greeted with a glass of foam (same this morning). How much beer line is needed? Right now its shooting out of the faucet, so I know I need to make it longer (its only about 5' currently).

Anyone have one of the old pdf's or something that I can look at? Thank you!

Do you have the restrictor plate in your faucet? What PSI is it set at?

Restrictor plate is in, have it set at ~30 psi right now on 75/25 mix. CO2 primed. Its about 1/3 empty, been dispensing on 11 psi @ 39* up until I switched it over last night. You know I just thought about it, but I never bled the co2 off before I pumped in 30 psi, so its probably a little overcarbed. Ill bleed some off tonight, but still want to know if I should be using a longer line or not.

The line length is a lot less important, because the majority of the resistance is in the restrictor plate. It is overcarbed though for beergas from what I read. 30 psi with 75/25 should be carbed at about 7.5 psi, so being served at 11 before is probably a big part of the problem.

edit: yes, the co2 should have been bled also.

Back