am I infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invisible76

Reaction score
This is my first batch so I don't really have anything to compare to, so I'll give a rundown of what i've got.

We brewed about 6 weeks ago. It was supposed to be a clone of a Fat Tire ale. After 3 weeks in primary we went straight to bottles. It sat in bottles for about 3-4 weeks

I opened the first one to a gush of foam. Once it settled I poured....looked good, smelled good. Kinda cloudy but apparently I should expect that with no real secondary. When I drank it, it tasted good but had a sour aftertaste.

Infection? Not long enough in bottles? ****ty recipe? Any thoughts?

Post the recipe, your bottling method, fermentation temps, and sanitation procedures and maybe we can help you figure it out.

How much priming sugar did you use? The ring Edwort referred to would appear in the neck of the bottle and is usually produced by bacteria in the bottle and is a good indication of infection.

Latest posts

Back