Water profile for New Belgium's 1554 clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
Hey guys BYO just did a article on New Belgium which included 5 recipes straight from the brewery. I'm really looking forward to brewing a batch of 1554 since its been hard to find a good solid clone recipe. The only thing that I'm not sure of is how to build the water for the brew. The beer doesn't even really fall into any of the current style guidelines due to how old it is I guess. I can always just adjust the water according to the color of the beer and balance the CL:SO4 ratio for the malt forward brew, but I'm not sure if I need to do anything "special" to make this recipe shine. This will also be the first time that I've used a lager yeast even though it gets fermented at 65F but I reckon its no different than approaching a ale recipe that I'm used to. Thanks for any info.

no one......
I was hoping to get some insight on this too. Just brewed this and didn't even buy water this time, just used tap water....
It's fermenting along nicely, a little lower temp 61-64 but I think it will turn out fine.
If I remember I'll post how it turned out.

Back