Co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwetherford

Reaction score
I am purchasing my kegerator kit and need to know if how big of a tank I NEED I am only going to get one tap now but will be upgrading to a 3 tap soon

I would suggest a 10 or 20 lb. if you have the room. At most gas suppliers the price to refill one of the larger ones is not much more than the 5 lb.

I would suggest a 10 or 20 lb. if you have the room. At most gas suppliers the price to refill one of the larger ones is not much more than the 5 lb.

As an example, where I get my cylinders refilled:

5lb = $7
10lb = $9
20lb = $12

Ohio-Ed said:
As an example, where I get my cylinders refilled:

5lb = $7
10lb = $9
20lb = $12

Your lucky where I am the cheapest I found is 20 bucks for a 5 lb. They do it by the oz filled

A 20lb tank here in Las Vegas is the way to go. I have found that gardening and hydroponics stores are great sources for the larger tanks. The exchange cost here in Vegas is $10 for 20lbs!

I carbonate with a 20# tank and dispense in my kegerator with a 5# tank. The 5# tank will last a very long time (if you have no leaks) this way.

I'd go with as big a tank as you can easily handle. I am very happy with my 10# tank. Just be very vigilant about leaks, which can drain the tank in a matter of hours. I personally don't leave the CO2 on all the time, just give the kegs a "boost" once or twice daily and then shut it off again.

Back