Is my wine garbage now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdoebler

Reaction score
Doing my first wine, a Winexpert White Merlot. When I was degassing, I was using a paddle type tool and did not keep it in the wine completely the entire time. It caused lots and lots of whipping on the top of the wine, which is occurring to me probably caused some pretty bad oxidation? Is it ruined now or will it be ok?? Help! :eek:

need more info, how long ago did you make this wine? if you're still in the beginning stages of fermentation then oxygen is key to helping the yeast, if you're near bottling time you try to limit your exposure to oxygen. either way you should be okay i've only had to dump one batch and that's because my airlock dried out on me and have no idea how long it was that way.

I did the 7 days in primary, 10 days in secondary, and was at the stage to add the stabilizing and clearing packages and degassing the wine.

Back