Length of Camco Ripple 5500w element?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stamandster

Reaction score
I have a 10g Bayou classic bk and I'm curious if anyone know's the length of the element only. I think the length on the sites are the total length. Has anyone bent theirs for a smaller pot?

I have the same BC pot. I know the inside diameter is 13 5/8". I don't think a ripple element will fit.
I saw in another thread where a guy put a 1" full coupling on his kettle and he was able to get a ripple element to fit.

Thanks so much for asking this question. I didn't even think about double checking. I have 3 10 gallon Blichmann pots on order but it looks like I can switch to 20 gallon since they are on backorder. Man I would have been POed in a major way if I didi all this work and my element didn't fit. I would have felt like a freaking retard.

Just measured mine at 13 3/8". I think that you might be able to slightly bend each curve to reduce it to less that 12 1/2" if you were very careful.

I wonder how close to the edge of the kettle is too close?
I want to solder a 1" lock nut on the outside of my kettle so I guessing that would give about 1/2" of extra space.

Awesome! I think that it's about 13" If I put a bung in it might make the 1/2" up... Thanks again everyone.

Back