My very primitive online version of BreWater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakins

Reaction score
I've been using the technique described at The Mad Fermentationist: Homebrew Water Treatment – A Practical Guide

To treat water. My issue is I have to run BreWater under wine and have excel open, etc.

So I wrote an incredibly horrible online version at:

Water

This tries to combine palmers brew sheet and breWater. Basically, plug in your target SRM and minerals, and it tries to determine what salts to add. You can enter source water as well. I use RO water, so that's really all that's been tested.

It is full of bugs. It can't handle negative needs (ie, you need to cut Ca your water). It will probably explode on you. Best use is to enter SRM and all the target minerals, although only SO4 is required (well, it forces Ca to at least 50).

There is a bit of "magic" in the score variables for RA and SO4/Cl ratio, so feel free to play and let me know how it explodes on you. It's actually very primitive.

If anyone likes or wants to tinker with it, I can put the source somewhere. I guess I will call it GPL... I suck at PHP (I'm a C guy - systems stuff) but it's what my webhosting supports.

can you post the source code. i would love to play around in my free time plus i know there are many a programmer on this site....

Latest posts

Back