Brewing vs. craft beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Bob and I both are huge beer lovers. Well, we're not huge as we're both pretty slim and he's even more on the verge of skinny. But you know what I mean!

Anyway, we both drink a lot of beer and love great beer. I had a bad brewday last week and only half jokingly said I was quitting brewing. Bob told me that I absolutely can not stop brewing, no matter what. He told me that he expects me to continue brewing for the rest of his life and to provide him with beer to order for his lifetime. :drunk:

I just realized something! He's extraordinarily fit, and is very careful about his diet. He is in awesome shape, and will probably live to be 90 years old.

When I pointed that out, he told me that craft beer is way too expensive and so he expects me to provide homebrew for him until he dies. He is 8 1/2 years old then I am.

That means that he expects me to brew at least weekly until I'm 82 years old. :drunk: I'm going to need more pumps.

Well you can't leave a guy without beer, that is like no sandwiches. LOL :)

but really, would you go back to buying beer off the shelf?

Are you sure it's "brew" twice a week that keeps him fit? If thats what you kids call it these days, ya you'll be doin some pumpin.

Are you sure it's "brew" twice a week that keeps him fit? If thats what you kids call it these days, ya you'll be doin some pumpin.

Well, no one has called either of us "kids" in a very long time, but last week the grocery store clerk called me "madam".

I pretty sure it's the beer that attracts him, though.

Well, no one has called either of us "kids" in a very long time, but last week the grocery store clerk called me "madam".

I pretty sure it's the beer that attracts him, though.

Thats great, hope I wasn't to off the wall. Having followed and reproduced so many of your brew recipes I'm sure it's the brew. :mug:

Well, I don't see any reason you can't brew until your final days. The hardest part would be lifting the full kegs into the kegerator.

And, in a few more years you will have trained that little guy how to brew and you can just let him do all the work!

Well, I don't see any reason you can't brew until your final days. The hardest part would be lifting the full kegs into the kegerator.

And, in a few more years you will have trained that little guy how to brew and you can just let him do all the work!

That's true! As long as Quinn doesn't, oh I don't know, grow up and go away to college or something, we'll be all set!

He's pretty useless right now, to be honest. I mean, the only thing he does is monitor airlock activity for me and make sure the kegerator drip trays don't have fruitflies. Really, he is underachieving at this point.

Little guy just needs some incentive. I think if he were to taste the fruits of the labor he would be more amenable to the labor.

Think about it. Lots of people believe that having supervised access to alcohol at a young age reduces the likelyhood of having problems with alcohol later in life. If you start now, he'll REALLY not have a problem later in life!

Little guy just needs some incentive. I think if he were to taste the fruits of the labor he would be more amenable to the labor.

Think about it. Lots of people believe that having supervised access to alcohol at a young age reduces the likelyhood of having problems with alcohol later in life. If you start now, he'll REALLY not have a problem later in life!

I dunno- 25 months old seems a bit young. I thought I'd wait until he could have something strong like peanut butter before sending him on the path to drinking beer before 10 AM.

What is hysterically funny to me is you know we do NOT do junk food at our house. No sugar, wheat, juice, etc. So no cookies or any typical "grandma's house" snacks.

He eats meat and vegetables, just as we do. But I gave him a little treat the other day (maybe a cracker?) and Bob pointed at me and said "Bad Grandma!" Quinn laughed, and now he calls me "Bad Grandma" and he calls Bob "Meenie!"

It's a good thing his father knows that we're crazy, but not really mean or bad people. He just laughs when Quinn says, "Go to Bad Grandma's House?"

Old brewers never die,they just can't lift their keggles! My problem is getting to be carrying heavy BK's with wort & top off water from the kitchen to the old man cave in the making in front of the house. not to mention,lifting 5 or 6 gallons of wort/beer/water from the floor to the brew stand as well. I need a cart or something...

You could make some kind of brew gurney, that raises up to counter/stand level and can be wheeled around the house...and you could even motorize it so you can pilot it with a remote of some kind...I could see lots of potential there.

Back