Hello from Davis, CA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GFBRiemann

Reaction score
The little banner at the top suggested I post here and say hey, so....

Hey. I'm actually just getting back into homebrewing after two years away. Long story short, I moved and couldn't take my equipment with me, so I loaned it to a friend interested in homebrewing. Well, he got his own setup and I got my old equipment back, so I'm going to clean it up and get back into brewing.

Actually, could anyone recommend a good brewshop in Sacramento or East Bay area? There's one in Sacramento and another in Concord, but those are the only two I could find within 50 miles. While I don't mind ordering equipment online, ingredients are another matter...

I tend to go to Home Brew Outlet only because it is close.

That being said, Mike, the guy that works there is a kick.

JJ the owner is another matter.

I usually mail order as much as I can and use them for grain.

Welcome to the board. A lot of great people here and quite a few of us Sac-Town folks as well.

Happy Brewing.

Cheers,

knewshound

Wow, thanks for the responses! These forums are great, seems like a great community and valuable resource. I'll be hanging around here quite a bit I think...

Welcome to the forum!

Post tittle says Davis CA, I am guessing (cause I don't know) that you are near UCDavis? Awesome brewers program there. I have met a couple of brewers that have gone there. Nothing but good things to say about it and the surrounding town too.

Cheers

Hey how's it going? I live in Davis as well. As a few already mentioned, Homebrew outlet is the only local store I know of, though I've never actually made my way there. I'm lazy and do everything online. What kind of equipment do you need? I can let you borrow a few things.

There used to be a brew on premise place at the Marketplace there a few years back. I think they carried all the basic stuff for home brewing, but that was years ago...

I live in Davis as well. If you are interested in joining a club for bulk buying let me know. I am in a club in the Davis area and we meet the 4th monday of every month. Always looking for new people to come. The website is http://www.greenbeltbrewers.org/. We frequenly goto morebeer, and joining the club gets you 10% off in store. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, welcome back to the hobby! And the place that used to have homebrew supplies is brew it up and they have moved to sacto and dont sell homebrew supplies anymore.

I am in Woodland - I was just at the Mondavi center watch Shaolin Warriors- I have made it a habit to go to the Original Home Brew just to try and support a local biz. But its usually easier to order from more beer. I didn't realize that there were so many people from Yolo county here.

There is a guy from Woodland in our club. Our next meeting is on Monday, if you are interested, shoot me an e-mail: sanatar (at) gmail.com We really need some new members!

Welcome! Davis has really grown up over the last few years, as in you can now buy socks in town, but as far as brewing shops I really have no idea. You could just get a job working for UCDavis in exchange for supplies :D

Oh and to Wop31.
Dude....
Ninjas dominate.
no question
:D

Back